Guest FourAces

Rookie Blue Returns

Guest FourAces

Not sure if anyone here watches this summer replacement. I am addicted to this show ... anyway the season premier was Thursday. You can watch it at ABC.com or most likely Hulu as well.

If you haven't watched the show try to watch a few episodes from the prior two seasons to give you an idea of whats going on. Well worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Guest EXPAT

I missed it last year and haven't seen it yet this year. I wondered if it was any good. I watch so many police procedurals I was unwilling to add another one to my list.

Guest FourAces

I missed it last year and haven't seen it yet this year. I wondered if it was any good. I watch so many police procedurals I was unwilling to add another one to my list.

The show is very well acted not as mainstream as other police shows. Also, the police action and the interaction between the characters is about 50/50. Just for a comp so you can judge my scale i would say the police action and character interaction on Law & Order SVU is about 90/10 (in favor of police action).

My suggestion is to watch the first three episodes of Season one and the first and last episode of season two and you will be caught up ^_^

Guest FourAces

I watched it last season and have DVR'd the first episode this season.

I also liked Blue Bloods and Southland.

I love Blue Bloods and Southland though I missed this past season of Southland.

Guest NCBored

I love Blue Bloods and Southland though I missed this past season of Southland.

I watch a lot of TV (too much, really) and DVR most things. MY DVR is usually 75-90% full. Most shows, I watch a day or 2 later, but there are some that I watch on their original night consistently - Blue Bloods, Southland, Justified, NCIS, Supernatural, Game of Thrones.

Guest NCBored

I miss Detroit 187. Hadn't really realized Rookie Blue was separate from Blue Bloods (which I just never cared about for some reason). Southland's my current favorite, followed by Justified.

I enjoyed Detroit 187 too - was sad when it was cancelled.

I enjoyed Detroit 187 too - was sad when it was cancelled.

I enjoyed it as well. I am not really sure why the networks don't give a bit more leeway for first year shows that are good. It seems if you don't have a ratings bonanza, you are cancelled. It seems like more work to keep developing new shows than it would be to stick with some that have great potential.