Guest gcursor

Calling E.T.

Guest gcursor

Some years back, we decided to send a radio signal to a red dwarf star that might be habitable for life. In 2029, the message will finally reach that planet. These messages (and I'm not kidding) were selected from a competition on a social networking site. In essence, we are starting our first possible alien communication dialogue with the equivalent of FACEBOOK status messages and TWEETs.

Knowing how social media works, what do you think are some of the messages that either got picked or rejected? I'll start with these that were rejected:

REJECTS

E.T. CALL ME! Brian 345-1234

Hey Alien Boy, if you're good looking then send me a pic ^_^ @ xxxxx.gmail.com

I don't know if you remember me. I'm Thad from Florida and I was abducted in January of this year. Any chance I could get my wallet back? There's some stuff I need from it!

Guest EXPAT

ROFL

"Hey aliens, please take Sarah Palin back. We don't want her."

"Please make sure your alien Jennifer Holliday is prepared for the American Idol season finale on May 23, 2012!"

"Next time you visit, please remove all of the whack-a-do evangelist pastors. They will all think they are going to heaven anyway."