Guest hitoallusa

Getting rid of snakes

Guest hitoallusa

I need a husband for a task like this. I ruined my new shoes getting rid of two snakes in front of the house.. I hope they don't come back. Ugh..

Guest EXPAT

How did you get rid of them? Did you kill them? Or did you put them in a burlap bag and transport them out in the country to gently release them into the wild?

post-105999-0-87636200-1337647553.jpeg

post-105999-0-04632300-1337647561.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Yikes I hate snakes... I didn't kill them just sent them away... I hope they don't come back.. Jesse is very brave...

Only one way to make sure they don't come back -- give 'em the Marie Antoinette treatment. ^_^ I dispatched one the other day. Next time call me and I will trot over and do the dirty work.

Technical note: one strike with the sharp edge of a shovel is more decisive than using a garden hoe, which usually takes an unseemly number of small chops to disabuse the critter's head of its affection for the body. Especially important when the nuisance is a big copperhead, whose flailings if the first blow is inadequate can be somewhat dangerous. (Rather like a divorce proceeding, come to think!)

Of course moccasins are to be dealt with only at a distance, with firearms.

I like snakes! We pulled up the burlap in the community garden and found two very cute grass snakes.

Of course, I don't like spiders, so I do have some sympathy. These kind of fears really aren't rational (well, at least unless you live in a place with some serious poisonous ones.).

If I were there, i would have chased 'em off for you!

Guest hitoallusa

Wow I love your writing..so poetic(?)..

" Disabuse ..it's affection for the body..."

I just had an orgasm... You can come over any time ^_^

Only one way to make sure they don't come back -- give 'em the Marie Antoinette treatment. ^_^ I dispatched one the other day. Next time call me and I will trot over and do the dirty work.

Technical note: one strike with the sharp edge of a shovel is more decisive than using a garden hoe, which usually takes an unseemly number of small chops to disabuse the critter's head of its affection for the body. Especially important when the nuisance is a big copperhead, whose flailings if the first blow is inadequate can be somewhat dangerous. (Rather like a divorce proceeding, come to think!)

Of course moccasins are to be dealt with only at a distance, with firearms.