Guest FourAces

Facebook IPO

Guest FourAces

So did anyone buy some shares?

I found it, as did many investors, pretty underwhelming. They released way too many shares to create a real buzz.

Unlike some other tech giants who went public and really skyrocketed this felt more like a taxi down the runway. Now we will have to go into wait and see mode.

Guest FourAces

Worst buy of the year in my opinion.

Stay away . . . Stay far away.

Quite a few analyst agree with you. I held off I just do not see this as becoming the next tech windfall for the average investor. Now if Facebook changes their business model then it might have some real value.

• Members

They will have to change their business model to make any money, won't they? And, doing that almost always "annoys" some users if not many.

However, I am certainly not a good judge of their possible value because I never have wanted to know minute by minute what anyone else is doing and I am not presently on FB and have no thoughts of "joining".

Best regards,

RA1

I'm underwhelmed with their business model. I have used facebook for years and have never clicked an ad. I don't think I'm unusual.

EDIT: and of course, I forgot to mention that all shares don't have the same voting rights. That's always the kiss of death for me. I'm never buying shares to sit in the back of the bus.

Guest EXPAT

My concern about the stock is that it was issued at the current height of the company. Usually you want to see growth in an IPO company. Unless they diversify or suddenly develop a way to gain another 300 million users on top of their already 900 million users, I don't see the growth. I think the internet bubbles have already proven that web-based advertising only as a revenue stream is suspect at best. So we'll see what else Zuckerberg comes up with.

He did get married the day after the IPO so you never know. . .

Guest zipperzone

My concern about the stock is that it was issued at the current height of the company. Usually you want to see growth in an IPO company. Unless they diversify or suddenly develop a way to gain another 300 million users on top of their already 900 million users, I don't see the growth. I think the internet bubbles have already proven that web-based advertising only as a revenue stream is suspect at best. So we'll see what else Zuckerberg comes up with.

He did get married the day after the IPO so you never know. . .

I bet she had to sign the longest pre-nup ever...........

• Members

I bet she had to sign the longest pre-nup ever...........

Au contraire, it should have been relatively short IMO -- two paragraphs, one for infidelity (very short) and one for irreconcilable differences. Two subparagraphs each: one for kids, the other for money and property - prorated by duration of bliss and capped. After all, one needs to save something for the second and maybe third wives. :P

Guest EXPAT

Facebook had to go public. They couldn't figure out the privacy settings either... :getlost:

That's the best Facebook joke I've heard yet. Well done. funny

Guest hitoallusa

It fell again... But a selected few already made money again. It is

likely the very info on who earned profits in this IPO is also held and traded by a few for analysis. So does an ordinary investor has any chance in all this?