Guest FourAces

Facebook - Who Really Owns What

Guest FourAces

There is a awesome site that breaks down all of the actual owners of Facebook what percentage they own and the value of the percentage. Mark Zuckerberg might be on top of the list but there are over a dozen others who have large pieces of the pie. Check it out: http://whoownsfacebook.com/

Guest EXPAT

I'm disappointed in that one owner who is renouncing his US citizenship to avoid some of the IPO taxes. That type of action should be illegal.

Guest FourAces

I'm disappointed in that one owner who is renouncing his US citizenship to avoid some of the IPO taxes. That type of action should be illegal.

Its an interesting twist. But he had become a US citizen .. as he was born in Brazil. Maybe he was a sauna boy at one time :o

Guest gcursor

I agree...what the guy is doing should be illegal (about renouncing his citizenship) but oh well that's just how the rules are set up.

However I feel that FACEBOOK as a whole will slowly but surely collapse over the next few years. FACEBOOK added a few bells and whistles over the past year or so to make "investors" happy so that they could go public but there really hasn't been anything earth-shattering done. There will be a new "get rich quick IPO thing" that will catch people's eye and I believe that Facebook will die a slow death.

Much of what FACEBOOK has been doing as of late is just bug fixing and even the bug fixes need bug fixes. That's ok though because everybody has been under incredible pressure so they can get their millions or billions of dollars. It usually seems to be the case that the bigger a company gets, the more bloated it becomes and the less that people like it. For FACEBOOK to survive, it will need to come up with some really great innovations that will make people come back or even stay. It will be interesting to see if they can do it