Guest EXPAT

Networks announce a lot of cancellations and renewals on Friday

Guest EXPAT

As you might imagine, news in the Los Angeles area about TV renewals and cancellations is BIG NEWS because they employ so many people locally. And there was an abundance of news yesterday regarding cancellations and pickups for the next season.

Cancelled shows:

GCB (thankfully - poorly written show)

Harry's Law (I will miss seeing Kathy Bates every week)

Ringer (Sarah Michelle Gellar couldn't bring the audience)

The River

The Secret Circle

Are you There, Chelsea?

BFF

Bent

Awake

Man UP

Missing

Pan Am

Work It

A Gifted Man

How To Be A Gentleman

Alcatraz

The Finder

House

Desperate Housewives

Renewed shows:

Glee

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Body of Proof

Scandal

Happy Endings

Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23

Up All Night

Parks & Recreation

Whitney

Cougar Town (although it is moving to TBS)

Gossip Girl

Hart of Dixie

Nikita

Castle

Revenge

Grey's Anatomy

Last Man Standing

Once Upon A Time

Private Practice

Modern Family

Suburgatory

2 Broke Girls

The Big Bang Theory

Blue Bloods

Criminal Minds

CSI (Las Vegas one - the other two have yet to be announced)

The Good Wife

Hawaii Five-0

How I Met Your Mother

The Mentalist

Mike & Molly

NCIS

NCIS Los Angeles

Person of Interest

The Vampire Diaries

Supernatural

Complete up to date list here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/12/list-of-canceled-and-renewed-scripted-shows-for-the-2011-12-season/133799/

There are still a few that haven't been announced yet.

Guest FourAces

Noooooooooooooooooooooo Not Missing :( I didn't even watch the other cancelled shows.

I am happy to see Person of Interest, Modern Family, Law & Order SVU, Blue Bloods and NCIS Los Angeles renewed.

• Members

I've been watching The Finder, it's been vaguely amusing at best. House seems to be going out of their way to jump the shark in their last season, not sure I'll watch anymore. Only other things I've seen on this canceled list are Pan Am and Alcatraz, good riddance to both!

Thought I heard Touch was gone... too bad. That and Once Upon a Time lost me at about 2 episodes each.

I'd heard Parks and Rec was canned...?

I'm also a fan of Castle.

Guest EXPAT

JKane - Parks is renewed. 30 Rock is renewed as well. Community is also renewed. Touch was also renewed as well. Those are all confirmed.

I really enjoy "Once Upon A Time". It's very unique. I'm glad it did so well this year. It will be interesting to see how it does next year.

Guest EXPAT

In advance of their official Upfronts presentation on Monday, NBC jumped the gun to be the first network to unveil their complete 2012-2013 schedule on Sunday.

The biggest story? "Community" is moving to Fridays, along with sophomore sitcom "Whitney," which will kick off that rather random new night of programming.

"Smash" is also being bumped -- all the way to midseason -- to make way for the premiere of "Revolution," a new thriller from J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke, which will air after "The Voice" on Mondays. And yes, that means "The Voice" will be back in the fall, giving it two cycles a year, as predicted.

NBC will also try their hand at airing comedies on Tuesday nights, with Matthew Perry's "Go On" and Ryan Murphy's "Th New Normal" getting paired together.

Also being saved for midseason are new sitcoms "Save Me," "1600 Penn" and "Next Caller," and new dramas "Do No Harm," "Hannibal" and "Infamous."

Here's what the full schedule looks like, with asterisks (*) indicating new series.

MONDAY

"The Voice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Revolution," 10 p.m. ET

TUESDAY

"The Voice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Go On," 9 p.m. ET

* "The New Normal," 9:30 p.m. ET

"Parenthood," 10 p.m. ET

WEDNESDAY

* "Animal Practice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Guys With Kids," 8:30 p.m. ET

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," 9 p.m. ET

* "Chicago Fire," 10 p.m. ET

THURSDAY

"30 Rock," 8 p.m. ET

"Up All Night," 8:30 p.m. ET

"The Office," 9 p.m. ET

"Parks and Recreation," 9:30 p.m. ET

"Rock Center with Brian Williams," 10 p.m. ET

FRIDAY

"Whitney," 8 p.m. ET

"Community," 8:30 p.m. ET

"Grimm," 9 p.m. ET

"Dateline NBC," 10 p.m. ET

SATURDAY

Encore programming

SUNDAY

"Football Night in America," 7 p.m. ET

NBC Sunday Night Football, 8:15 p.m. ET

SUNDAY (Post-football/Winter 2013)

"Dateline NBC," 7 p.m. ET

"Fashion Star," 8 p.m. ET

"The Celebrity Apprentice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Do No Harm," 10 p.m. ET

Guest EXPAT

CBS cancels Unforgettable and CSI Miami after 10 seasons, but renews CSI New York. CBS also cancels iRob and NYC 22. And it was previously announced that A Gifted Man was cancelled.

Guest EXPAT

NBC has canceled unscripted series 'The Marriage Ref,' 'Fear Factor,' 'Minute To Win It,' Who Do You Think You Are?' and 'The Sing Off.'

Guest FourAces

CBS cancels Unforgettable

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Not Unforgettable :( What are u doing to me EXPAT :lol::P

Well at least I have Rookie Blue coming back this summer on ABC ^_^

• Members

JKane - Parks is renewed. 30 Rock is renewed as well. Community is also renewed. Touch was also renewed as well. Those are all confirmed.

I read somewhere that 30 Rock was renewed for 13 shows to wrap up the series. Maybe that changed?

The only one I really regret is 'Missing' and that is conditional on the present story line being wrapped up this season. I'm not interested in a continuing saga-soap opera of their equivalent of the 'one-armed man'. However, I do not seem to need to worry about that anymore. :(

Overall, the cancelled shows were pretty weak as are many continuing shows.

• Members

In advance of their official Upfronts presentation on Monday, NBC jumped the gun to be the first network to unveil their complete 2012-2013 schedule on Sunday.

The biggest story? "Community" is moving to Fridays, along with sophomore sitcom "Whitney," which will kick off that rather random new night of programming.

"Smash" is also being bumped -- all the way to midseason -- to make way for the premiere of "Revolution," a new thriller from J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke, which will air after "The Voice" on Mondays. And yes, that means "The Voice" will be back in the fall, giving it two cycles a year, as predicted.

NBC will also try their hand at airing comedies on Tuesday nights, with Matthew Perry's "Go On" and Ryan Murphy's "Th New Normal" getting paired together.

Also being saved for midseason are new sitcoms "Save Me," "1600 Penn" and "Next Caller," and new dramas "Do No Harm," "Hannibal" and "Infamous."

Here's what the full schedule looks like, with asterisks (*) indicating new series.

MONDAY

"The Voice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Revolution," 10 p.m. ET

TUESDAY

"The Voice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Go On," 9 p.m. ET

* "The New Normal," 9:30 p.m. ET

"Parenthood," 10 p.m. ET

WEDNESDAY

* "Animal Practice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Guys With Kids," 8:30 p.m. ET

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," 9 p.m. ET

* "Chicago Fire," 10 p.m. ET

THURSDAY

"30 Rock," 8 p.m. ET

"Up All Night," 8:30 p.m. ET

"The Office," 9 p.m. ET

"Parks and Recreation," 9:30 p.m. ET

"Rock Center with Brian Williams," 10 p.m. ET

FRIDAY

"Whitney," 8 p.m. ET

"Community," 8:30 p.m. ET

"Grimm," 9 p.m. ET

"Dateline NBC," 10 p.m. ET

SATURDAY

Encore programming

SUNDAY

"Football Night in America," 7 p.m. ET

NBC Sunday Night Football, 8:15 p.m. ET

SUNDAY (Post-football/Winter 2013)

"Dateline NBC," 7 p.m. ET

"Fashion Star," 8 p.m. ET

"The Celebrity Apprentice," 8 p.m. ET

* "Do No Harm," 10 p.m. ET

Not much worth watching in that line-up. I'll reserve judgment on the new dramas as I am hopeful.

• Members

I'm sad about GCB and The sing Off. I found GCB to be light, frothy and somewhat wicked, and loved the pokes it took at organized religion.

the sing Off was a refreshing take on competition shows, bringing us Acapella groups vying for a prize.

Who makes these fuckin decisions anyway ?

Guest EXPAT

FOX announces its Fall schedule:

Fox added three new comedies and two dramas to its slate for the 2012-13 season--including "The Office" alum Mindy Kaling's new laffer and the Kevin Bacon-led thriller "The Following"--and in the process moves "Glee" and "Touch" to new nights. So where will they land?

"The Mindy Project," which stars Kaling as an OBGYN, will help beef up the network's Tuesday comedy block along with new ensemble comedy "Ben and Kate."  The duo will join "New Girl" and "Raising Hope," which means "Glee" is moving to Thursday nights--creating a musical block, with "The X Factor" as its lead-in.

And the Kiefer Sutherland-helmed drama "Touch" makes the move from Thursdays to Fridays, serving as a lead-in to fellow sci-fi drama "Fringe." Will the series find the magic numbers in its new slot or will its ratings continue to decline? The show averaged 8.37 million its first season, with a 2.49 in the 18-49 demo. It'll find itself up against NBC comedies "Community" and "Whitney."

Meanwhile, new series "The Mob Doctor" inherits the medical drama space once occupied by "House" on Mondays. 

For those looking to lessen their degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon, you'll have to wait until midseason, when "The Following," from "The Vampire Diaries" executive producer Kevin Williamson makes its debut; Bacon stars as a former FBI detective on the hunt for a serial killer and his posse of followers. Also, making its debut midseason is the new comedy "The Goodwin Games," which centers on three siblings poised to inherit a large fortune--if they pass a series of unique challenges.

Here's a look at Fox's 2012-2013 primetime schedule.

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM                          BONES   

9:00-10:00 PM                        THE MOB DOCTOR (new)

THE FOLLOWING (new) joins in midseason.                                 

TUESDAY

8:00-8:30 PM                          RAISING HOPE

8:30-9:00 PM                          BEN AND KATE (new)

9:00-9:30 PM                          NEW GIRL

9:30-10:00 PM                        THE MINDY PROJECT (new)

THE GOODWIN GAMES (new) joins in midseason.

WEDNESDAY

8:00-10:00 PM                        THE X FACTOR (fall) / AMERICAN IDOL (midseason)                 

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM                          THE X FACTOR Results (fall) / AMERICAN IDOL Results (midseason)

9:00-10:00 PM                        GLEE                  

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM                          TOUCH

9:00-10:00 PM                        FRINGE (fall)

HELL’S KITCHEN returns in midseason. 

SATURDAY

7:00-10:30 PM                        FOX SPORTS SATURDAY (fall)

COPS returns in midseason.

ANIMATION DOMINATION HIGH-DEF (new) will join late-prime in 2013.

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM                          NFL Game (fall) / ANIMATION DOMINATION (encores)

7:30-8:00 PM                          THE OT (fall) / THE CLEVELAND SHOW

8:00-8:30 PM                          THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM                          BOB’S BURGERS

9:00-9:30 PM                          FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM                        AMERICAN DAD

Guest EXPAT

ABC announces its Fall Schedule:

ABC continues to set the industry standard for creative ingenuity, strong viewer retention and ratings success in primetime, delivering the No. 1 comedy (“Modern Family”), No. 1 drama (“Grey’s Anatomy”) and No. 1 freshman drama (“Once Upon A Time”) this season in the key Adult 18-49 demographic. Building on its momentum from the 2011-2012 season, Paul Lee, president, ABC Entertainment Group, will share ABC’s plans for next season and present the network’s 2012-2013 Fall schedule before the advertising and media communities this afternoon at Lincoln Center’s Avery Fisher Hall.

New series for the 2012-13 season are “666 Park Avenue,” “The Family Tools,” “How to Live with your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life),” “Last Resort,” “Malibu Country,” “Mistresses,” “Nashville,” “The Neighbors,” “Red Widow” and “Zero Hour.”

“America’s Funniest Home Videos,” “The Bachelor,” “Body Of Proof,” “Castle,” “Dancing with the Stars,” “Don’tTrust The B--- in Apartment 23,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Happy Endings,” “Last Man Standing,” “The Middle,” “Modern Family,” “Once Upon A Time,” “Primetime: What Would You Do?,” “Private Practice,” “Revenge,” “Scandal,” “Shark Tank,” “Suburgatory,” “20/20” and “Wife Swap” Will Return

“We are using the success we achieved last season as a strong foundation to launch some more great shows this time around,” said Lee. “Last year was about stability and ambition, this year is about growth and continuing momentum, with strong programming that will stake ABC’s claim on more nights as the home of quality entertainment.”

A solid mix of promising new series and returning hits is what drove ABC to strong results in the 2011-12 Season. Season to date among Adults 18-49, ABC claims TV’s No. 1 comedy/scripted series (“Modern Family”), the No. 1 drama (“Grey’s Anatomy”) and the No. 1 freshman drama (“Once Upon A Time”). Led by Emmy-winning “Modern Family,” ABC’s 2-hour Wednesday night comedy block continues to connect with audiences, posting its 2nd straight year of growth with viewers (+3%) and young adults (+6%). In addition, ABC is the only network up during the 10 o’clock hour on Monday-Friday as lead-in to affiliates’ late-local newscasts with Total Viewers (+8%) and Adults 25-54 (+7%).

Fall premiere dates will be announced at a later time. Please note shows picked up but not listed on the schedule will debut later in the 2012-13 season.

ABC’s fall primetime schedule is as follows (all times listed are Eastern); new shows are in bold:

DAY TIME SERIES

MONDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars

10:00 p.m. “Castle

In January:

8:00 p.m. “The Bachelor

10:00 p.m. “Castle

TUESDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show”

9:00 p.m. “Happy Endings

9:30 p.m. “Don’t Trust The B---- in Apartment 23”

10:00 p.m. “Private Practice

In January:

8:00 p.m. “How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)”

8:30 p.m. “The Family Tools”

WEDNESDAY:

8:00 p.m. “The Middle

8:30 p.m. “Suburgatory

9:00 p.m. “Modern Family

9:30 p.m. “The Neighbors”

10:00 p.m. “Nashville”

THURSDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Last Resort”

9:00 p.m. “Grey’s Anatomy

10:00 p.m. “Scandal

FRIDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Shark Tank

9:00 p.m. “Primetime: What Would You Do?”

10:00 p.m. “20/20

In November:

8:00 p.m. “Last Man Standing

8:30 p.m. “Malibu Country

9:00 p.m. “Shark Tank

10:00 p.m. “Primetime: What Would You Do?”

SATURDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY:

7:00 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos

8:00 p.m. Once Upon A Time

9:00 p.m. “Revenge

10:00 p.m. “666 Park Avenue”

Guest EXPAT

CBS announced today its new 2012-2013 primetime schedule, ordering four new series and making four key time period moves to further enhance television’s top-rated schedule. CBS will finish the season asAmerica’s most-watched network for the ninth time in the past 10 years, leading in viewers by the widest margin of any network in 23 years.

The new series include ELEMENTARY, a contemporary take on the legendary detective Sherlock Holmes in New York City, starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu; VEGAS, a drama inspired by a real-life sheriff and his battle with a powerful mobster for control of Las Vegas in the 1960s, starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis; MADE IN JERSEY, starring Janet Montgomery as a smart first-year lawyer with working-class roots practicing at a prestigious Manhattan law firm; and PARTNERS, a comedy about two very different life-long best friends and business partners and their significant others, starring David Krumholtz and Michael Urie.

“These new series feature a great range of bold concepts, rich characters, big stars and fresh faces,” said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. “From a new take on Sherlock Holmes to an epic battle for control of 1960s Las Vegas to a working-class point of view in a prestigious law firm, the dramas each have a unique style and sensibility. And, our new comedy PARTNERS fits perfectly with the CBS Monday night tradition of relationship comedies with a lot of heart and humor.”

The freshman series will be joined by 19 returning shows, including the season’s #1 drama/scripted program –NCIS; the #1 scripted series in adults 18-49 and #1 comedy – The Big Bang Theory; #1 new series – Person Of Interest; #1 new series/comedy in adults 18-49/25-54 – 2 Broke Girls; #1 news program – 60 Minutes; and the eight-time Emmy Award winner THE Amazing Race.

The other returning series include How I Met Your Mother, MIKE & Molly, Hawaii Five-0, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, SURVIVOR, Criminal Minds, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Two and a Half Men, CSI: NY, Blue Bloods, 48 Hours Mystery, THE Mentalist and THE Good Wife.

For midseason, the Emmy Award-nominated Undercover Boss returns, plus the new reality series THE JOB from executive producers Michael Davies and Mark Burnett. Also for midseason are the new drama GOLDEN BOY and the new comedy FRIEND ME.

The new 2012-2013 schedule is as follows:

Monday

8PM How I Met Your Mother

8:30PM Partners (new)

9:00PM 2 Broke Gilrs

9:30PM Mike & Molly

10:00PM Hawaii Five-0

Tuesday

8PM NCIS

9PM NCIS Los Angeles

10PM Vegas (new)

Wednesday

8PM Survivor

9PM Criminal Minds

10PM CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Thursday

8PM The Big Bang Theory

8:30PM Two and A Half Men (new time slot)

9PM Person of Interest

10PM Elementary (New)

Friday

8PM CSI New York (new time slot)

9PM Made in Jersey (New)

10PM Blue Bloods

Sunday

7PM 60 Minutes

8PM Amazing Race

9PM The Good Wife

10PM The Mentalist (new time slot)