Guest gcursor

Random celebrity stuff

Guest gcursor

So I thought I'd put a few things I've been wondering about lately in a post...

1. Have you heard of BURN NOTICE? I love that show! Michael Westin is played by Jeffrey Donovan. Have you ever noticed that he hardly EVER EVER EVER does interviews? He keeps a very low profile. I've even ordered the BLU-RAY dvds hoping for commentary tracks but they don't even do those on the burn notice seasons. It's like they run their entire show like a spy network. One thing I have always wondered about is who helps them with their spy advice.

2. do you know the show MAD MEN? how about the character PETE on Mad Men? He's quite ascetic. Lives in a very sparse house in Los Angeles. He once described it as "a box with four walls". He takes mass transit and doesn't own a vehicle. Also the stuff he had once accumulated, he has been giving away to GOODWILL stores and the like. Apparently he likes to live his life very minimistically.

gcursor

• Members

There's something (to me) really smarmy in the Burn Notice actor's voice, and since he narrates much of the episodes it's pretty grating. I put up with that, because I liked much of the rest of the show, especially Bruce Campbell... UNTIL some of the grating voiceovers became horrible product placement for Hyundai and such. Then I gave it up.

Anybody else getting sick of this BS? It's everything USA networks/SciFi, but has also recently spread to House!

Have seen shows where in a dramatic moment they stop to have a conversation about how great the nav system in this new Highlander is, or the autobrake feature on the Taurus... grr!

Guest EXPAT

I didn't like Burn Notice when I saw the first episode so I haven't really paid attention to it since. I love "Mad Men" and the Pete character is very smarmy. I don't think their pay per episode is that high so hopefully he is saving his money unlike so many others who spend spend spend with their first job.