Guest EXPAT

Romney's openly gay spokesperson quit two weeks after starting

Guest EXPAT
Richard Grenell has resigned from the Romney campaign, saying, "my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign." it's too bad that this openly gay man was completely vilified by the right wing for being gay and was forced to resign. I wonder why Romney hired him unless he was trying to show some "centrist" behavior before the election.

Guest hitoallusa

It's unfortunate but what makes me curious is what is a gay guy doing working for Romney in the first place??? Was he desperate for a job that he went over to the other side? It's a good thing for him that he left. Romney doesn't have a chance against Obama.

Richard Grenell has resigned from the Romney campaign, saying, "my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign." it's too bad that this openly gay man was completely vilified by the right wing for being gay and was forced to resign. I wonder why Romney hired him unless he was trying to show some "centrist" behavior before the election.

Guest CharliePS

It's unfortunate but what makes me curious is what is a gay guy doing working for Romney in the first place??? Was he desperate for a job that he went over to the other side? It's a good thing for him that he left. Romney doesn't have a chance against Obama.

Grenell is quite conservative, except on gay marriage. He reportedly said that Romney had privately assured him that his orientation and support for gay equality didn't bother Romney. This morning it was announced by the re-election campaign of Republican Rep. Mary Bono Mack of Palm Springs that he would be working for them.

Guest CharliePS

The guy was known for making derogatory remarks about women, so Bono deserves him. I hope she loses so badly that the Bono name is never mentioned again.

It's probably a thoughtless and naive attempt to curry favor with the large gay community in the valley and moderate Republicans, but observers are already commenting that it's so obvious that it's likely to backfire instead.