TotallyOz

Loving my Vitamix - A true champion among Blenders

I took the plunge and bought a Vitamix blender at Amazon as I saw the CIA version was 50 bucks off. The total was about 500 and I have held off on this thing for years as I thought it was just too expensive. I finally caved in and decided to give it a try. Holy Cow! I am so glad I did. I find I am replacing at least one meal and sometimes more per day with Juices. I love them.

Today for Breakfast, I put in a carrot, an apple, 15 almonds, some spinach, some blueberries, a banana and some Jay Robb protein powder. I added some water and some ice and in less than a minute, I had this yummy breakfast drink that was great to taste but also healthy and under 400 calories and it filled me up.

I am still experimenting with it but here is a video from YouTube that I like.

Guest hitoallusa

Congratulations on your new mixer. ^_^ I think its better to mix saliva with the juice in your mouth in order to properly digest it. It may not be food for your teeth though. ^_^ Are you going to be ten years younger?

• Members

IMHO Saliva (spit) is really a gift from the heavens in many situations. I am glad others know its value!

I understand there are many restaurant cooks and waiters who provide this service willingly and without additional charge. While it is generally reserved for their more 'difficult' patrons, I expect they would discreetly honor individual requests. :rolleyes:

Guest hitoallusa

Yikes... I should not eat out any more ^_^

I understand there are many restaurant cooks and waiters who provide this service willingly and without additional charge. While it is generally reserved for their more 'difficult' patrons, I expect they would discreetly honor individual requests. :rolleyes:

• Members

They recently came to my attention. I see them on cooking shows all the time. Figured they were pricey but that is way above my pricepoint for the little kitchen work I do anymore.

My son gave me a Ninja for Xmas. Very very effective and very dangerous. It's like three surgeons on speed with a scalpel in each hand. Very sharp, unforgiving blades. Sharpest blades I believe I ever encountered. They are safe enough in the machine but watchout when handling for cleaning. Just getting them in and out of a dishwasher requires the same concentration as defusing a bomb. :o

Guest hitoallusa

Away our son is so sweet. I want a son like that..

They recently came to my attention. I see them on cooking shows all the time. Figured they were pricey but that is way above my pricepoint for the little kitchen work I do anymore.

My son gave me a Ninja for Xmas. Very very effective and very dangerous. It's like three surgeons on speed with a scalpel in each hand. Very sharp, unforgiving blades. Sharpest blades I believe I ever encountered. They are safe enough in the machine but watchout when handling for cleaning. Just getting them in and out of a dishwasher requires the same concentration as defusing a bomb. :o

Guest Hoover42

Sharpest blades I believe I ever encountered. They are safe enough in the machine but watchout when handling for cleaning. Just getting them in and out of a dishwasher requires the same concentration as defusing a bomb. :o

Oh, damn, not for me!

I keep every sharp edged thing in my kitchen in a drawer especially reserved for that purpose.

I'm such a klutz, I get nervous even looking at a dull knife sitting on the kitchen counter. :smile:

See my avatar? That's me looking a drawer full of knives!

Guest hitoallusa

Lol typo.. I need a new pair of glasses.. I meant your son... But I am willing to raise a son together with you... But you have to move back to a small town from NYC... ^_^

Hito, you never told us! Congratulations. ^_^

Guest gcursor

i laughed so hard at hoover's post ^_^ congratulations on your new purchase oz..i'm sure you two will be quite happy together. If I were to ever get one of those then I probably would use it to see what I could grind up...within reason of course.

Mushmelons, volkswagen cars, dragons. eventually they'd probably have to take it away from me because I'd start obsessing over what I could try to blend next. I would love blending a mcdonald's big breakfast and see what that tastes like just once.

Hoover's post made me laugh hard as well.

G, like you, I am trying it all. I put in some yogurt, some veggies and a protein bar last night and loved it.

Out of curiosity, I also did the same with a Big Mac. The veggies are much better!