Guest FourAces

Rumor But Would You Buy It?

Guest FourAces

For quite sometime there has been a presistent rumor that Apple will be releasing a 7" iPad. With the Kindle Fire selling so well the rumor has once again increased in sizzle.

About a year or more ago Steve Jobs said no way would Apple ever release a 7" tablet and went as far as declaring the 7" tablet DOA. He said they studied the possibility and if they thought it was what people wanted Apple would do it.

Now that Tim Cook is at the helm and a legit 7" tablet (the Kindle Fire) has been selling like hotcakes its possible Apple might actually release the mini- iPad.

So would you buy one?

Guest EXPAT

I might consider it depending on the features. If they dumb it down from the current iPad then NO. If it is identical in functionality other than its size then probably yes. I'd have to see it in person first. But as I said in another thread I haven't bought into the tablet market at all yet.

• Members

I like my old-school Kindle because of the e-ink screen. If I want to look at something on a fatiguing backlit LCD I'll use my laptop or dust off the netbook I play with every 6 months or so. Or my cell phone... so yeah, also not seeing the need for a tablet.

Guest FourAces

If it worked like a phone, yes I would. :smile: Otherwise, I prefer Bigger in almost everything in life. :smile:

OZ I have just the phone for you. Its a hybrid phone / tablet 5" display. Its called the Samsung Galaxy Note. I believe you're still in the states, if so you can check it out at a AT&T store. Apparently it also will be coming to T-Mobile soon as well. This review clip will give you a little indication about it.

Guest FourAces

I got a galaxy note a few weeks ago, and so far I'm loving it. screen is huge, and yet small enough that I can put it in my pocket.

Awesome to know. I am seriously thinking of saying goodbye to my iPhone for the Note.

Guest EXPAT

My iPhone is part of my entire Apple environment. I wouldn't have anything else. I use my iPhone to manage my iCloud items (contacts and calendar) and they are synced across all of my devices including my iMac and MacBook Pro. I also use my iPhone for managing my music in my car and in my house on all my devices since I only use digital music now in every room. So my phone is not just a phone anymore but a manager of my entire digital environment. So no other phone could compare.

The phone I had before this was the iphone, which I loved.. until the upgraded the OS, then it always just seemed to be flakey.

The Galaxy note syncs with my MS office calendar features, so I'm good there. I'm still exploring the software options for it, but so far I'm very happy, and the screen is Sooo much bigger than the iphone. I can read things on it so much easier.

But I have big hands and so the size of it is fine for me. Some reviewers complained that they couldn't use it one handed. Poor dears.

Guest FourAces

I have small hands but did not have any problem with the various 4.3 inch Android phones I have owned. I could see how it might bother some people though.

• Members

But on the other hand, I love keyboards. AKA hensteeth.

I might be persuaded to give it up in exchange for an HD resolution screen plus the power/ability to play stuff I've downloaded in various formats NOT blessed by Google/ATT/Whoever... Touch is pretty close, as 1280X800 is a little better than the 720p resolution... but I'd also prefer unlocked/maybe direct from google... So happy they're selling phones directly again, though wish they'd just pony up and put all the radios in!

Guest FourAces

The Note does seem pretty cool. Odd that a stylus is again a selling point. My last 3 MS phones had them...

I thought the same thing. They can call it a magic pen or whatever but its a stylus lol. I'm not a big fan of them at all. I do agree with Steve Jobs when he said something like .. There is no stylus, why? Because God has given us all the best stylus ... our finger ... when introducing the first iPhone.