Guest FourAces

Newt Ends Campaign

Guest FourAces

Personally I did not even know he was still in it lol. But here is the word from CNN.

============

Washington (CNN) – Newt Gingrich will officially end his bid for the Republican presidential nomination and formally express his support for Mitt Romney next week, two sources close to Gingrich tell CNN.

Read the entire article here!

Guest EXPAT

He is in debt by about $3 million at this point it seems plus he is getting secret service protection which is costing tax payer money unnecessarily. So if he is all about reducing the debt, he should be about managing his own drain on expenses unnecessarily as well it seems. But keeping him in makes for good theatre.

• Members

He is in debt by about $3 million at this point it seems plus he is getting secret service protection which is costing tax payer money unnecessarily. So if he is all about reducing the debt, he should be about managing his own drain on expenses unnecessarily as well it seems. But keeping him in makes for good theatre.

Pointing out hypocrisy from Newt Gingrich is like pointing out drops of water in the sea...

Guest EXPAT

I am surprised that he said he would support Romney so quickly. I suspected that he might wait on that one a bit like Santorum has so far.

Guest CharliePS

I am surprised that he said he would support Romney so quickly. I suspected that he might wait on that one a bit like Santorum has so far.

It's all just a part of the game. Nancy Reagan managed to publicly endorse John McCain, even though she personally loathed him and could hardly bring herself to look at him during the photo op. If he wants to be the favorite in 2016, Santorum may be playing his part badly because it looks like he is a sore loser, and it wouldn't help if he gets blamed for Romney's loss.

• Members

Charlie PSP-

What you said is undoubtedly true and is ONE reasons I deplore politics "as usual".

To slightly change the subject and perhaps "slightly" hijack the thread, I have several friends who have extended credit to such as Gingrich but not to single him out, several other pols, and have been screwed by not having the "committees" pay for whatever they contracted for. I think this is a little known or appreciated aspect of American politices and one which I personally abhor.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Charlie PSP-

What you said is undoubtedly true and is ONE reasons I deplore politics "as usual".

To slightly change the subject and perhaps "slightly" hijack the thread, I have several friends who have extended credit to such as Gingrich but not to single him out, several other pols, and have been screwed by not having the "committees" pay for whatever they contracted for. I think this is a little known or appreciated aspect of American politices and one which I personally abhor.

Best regards,

RA1

I think people who follow these campaigns are aware that oftem candidates end with campaign debt. Much was made of Hillary's and Kerry before. McCain too, I think. Cain came to light as well as Bachman on this go-around and Newt has been seen in the red since Adelson closed his wallet.

Merchants ought to be saavy enough not to be left holding the bag. It's is one thing to extend credit to a permanent entitiy with a credit rating history. It's another to extend credit to a temporary entity with no long term record -- credit or otherwise. I suspect there must be a little supporter in those merchants that gamble on the risk. Certainly not a prudent business practice no matter what sweet nothings are whispered in the ear.

For me cash is king, credit cards acceptable, whatever the party, whoever the candidate. Business must be kept separate from political contributions.

• Members

I think people who follow these campaigns are aware that oftem candidates end with campaign debt. Much was made of Hillary's and Kerry before. McCain too, I think. Cain came to light as well as Bachman on this go-around and Newt has been seen in the red since Adelson closed his wallet.

Merchants ought to be saavy enough not to be left holding the bag. It's is one thing to extend credit to a permanent entitiy with a credit rating history. It's another to extend credit to a temporary entity with no long term record -- credit or otherwise. I suspect there must be a little supporter in those merchants that gamble on the risk. Certainly not a prudent business practice no matter what sweet nothings are whispered in the ear.

For me cash is king, credit cards acceptable, whatever the party, whoever the candidate. Business must be kept separate from political contributions.

I agree merchants should be prudent but credit cards can be over extended and checks bounced. My friends in the charter business could be put out of business with one bad deal. They operate on a razor thin margin and the money is spent immediately on fuel, etc. They could be broke before the plane hits the ground and not know it

I take your point about "subsidizing" a candidate that you might like but that is not to what I am referring. Just because candidates have ended up with campaign debts before does not make it right.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

I suspect that Newt will have a very successful speech making career for $100,000 a pop or more after he officially leaves the race. I also suspect a book is in the works as well. Maybe he should write a marriage guide since he has had so many of them. . .

Guest EXPAT

Shepard Smith's odd response to the Mitt Romney statement on Newt ending his campaign. By the way, why does Shep look so bad in this video? He actually looks unhealthy.

Shep Smith stares straight into the camera and bluntly says what he thinks about the news item he has just read. His words could apply to a great deal of political news on every network.