Guest EXPAT

Lindsay Lohan will play Elizabeth Taylor

Lifetime has released a poster for its movie "Liz & Dick," starring Lindsay Lohan asElizabeth Taylor, and it is one canny piece of marketing.

The poster features Lohan as Taylor (the resemblance is surprisingly strong), glammed up in a black dress and serious jewelry, on the left side and a bunch of buzzwords and phrases like "Controversial," "Scandal," "Tabloid Front Page" and "Child Star" next to her. So is Lifetime talking about its movie's subject or its star?

Take your pick. The "Love Affairs" part applies much more to Taylor -- Lohan's other travails have received far more scrutiny than her love life -- and "Leading Lady" probably does too. Taylor's filmography by the time she was 26 years old -- "National Velvet," "Giant," "A Place in the Sun" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," among others -- trumps Lohan's.

The other descriptors, though, could apply to either actress (though "diamonds," given Lohan's recent connection to a jewelry theft, is kind of unfortunate). Which is exactly what Lifetime wants -- so, well-played, Lifetime.

"Liz & Dick" will premiere in November. Take a look at the full poster:

post-105999-0-54311100-1348080666_thumb.

So this movie is finally on Lifetime TV tonight at 9PM. It's getting horrible reviews.

This is how the real Elizabeth would react if she new Lindsay Lohan were playing her:

post-105999-0-25261300-1353892561_thumb.

• Members

It figures. LIfetime is always ripping off 'life and lives' for its sappy presentations. One troubled diva plays another. One might think that casting a stroke of genius but for one exception. ET was a tour-de-force acting talent. LL is just an insipid celeb-for-all-the-wrong-reasons acting wannabe. So I have to leave the choice as simply a stroke of the brain kind. I'll pass.

I didn't watch this mess. But from all of the messages I received on Facebook from my friends on the West Coast it must have been a train wreck to watch. I'm sure it will be on demand when I get back home later this week.

Guest hitoallusa

I can't watch Lifetime or any other TV programs since there are too many commercials... I can do away with TVs but one time I stepped out without any knowledge of a snow storm approaching... I totaled my car.. If I had watched the news it could have been prevented. At that time there was no smart phone either for me to check for the weather on the phone... I admire people who can endure excessive numbers of commercials on TV. Even though you record it you still have to push forward to skip commercials..

His addiction to Lifetime was one of myriad reasons I had to ditch the ex.

Gawd! That must have made for a very long day. That would drive me to search for the local chapter of the Hemlock Society.

I would have to leave the house. Just going into the next room wouldn't shut off the hideous drone.

I can hardly stand to be reminded it exists even today. Ai yi yi, as Stevens somewhere said.

• Members

OMG, how horrendous was she ??? I dont know wHO decided she was the right fit for the role. That voice was so annoying thru the whole thing. She played Lindsay lohan in a black wig. What a disaster and embarrasment for the producers.