Guest lurkerspeaks

Mean People.. aka mean posters

Guest lurkerspeaks

Is it just me, or have we seem to attracted a few of the "mean girls" from next door lately (although with different masks). There seem to be a few more "negative" and downright mean/bitchy comments lately which remind me of "the other" site.

There is a post over there now about missing posters.. Rockhard made a post which describes my feelings exactly.. here it is "Mean queens are ugly, and the world already has too much ugly in it. I'm glad most of the ugly girls are gone.

IMO, intent matters. And if your intent is to slice and dice with every quip, or behave like a troll, the board will never be a welcoming place.

Yes, some queens adore a bitch fest, and they pop popcorn at the hint of a cat fight. The more bitchy the bitches, the better. I'm not one of those queens, and I don't like them.

]I think bitchy queens are sad and unhappy people, and too often they're saddled with a goal to make everyone else miserable, too. I don't like misery. And I don't want to be sucked into someone's shit hole. Misery loves company, and for a long time this board attracted some miserable posters."

While I enjoy a good debate. it does get tiring when certain people are always slamming the topic da jour.

Guest FourAces

I don't think we have mean posters here.. What am I missing?

I haven't noticed any changes here at all. Not sure who you are referring to Lurker.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I don't (didn't) want to name names or point fingers, in case it was just my perceptions, which it looks like maybe it is. Sorry to have brought it up..

Guest hitoallusa

There are many unfortunate things going behind the scene in the business and it's sad to see what people do another for some personal gain and pleasure. If there are mean posters I can understand what partly contributed to be like that. It's unfortunate and sad. After all we will pay a price in the end for what we have done.

• Members

Whenever I see a thread like this, I wonder if I am a guilty party but then I think, if I am wondering about it, likely I am not. ^_^ This is similar to musing about one's sanity in that if one IS wondering, likely one is sane (or nearly so). ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Let me be indelicate and suggest that one could, just possibly, if one were of tender heart and well meaning, experience perhaps an ever so slight meanness of tone in for example suckrates' continuing cracks about the twinks that a number of us post images of and/or swoon over.

But, if so ... eh! Arguably any community benefits from at least a little piss and vinegar. Water sports can be enjoyably reciprocal. ^_^

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Adam Smith... Then should we be in a bath tub every night when we log in here.. My bathroom can be cold at night...

But, if so ... eh! Arguably any community benefits from at least a little piss and vinegar. Water sports can be enjoyably reciprocal. ^_^

Guest hitoallusa

MsGuy you should read What Men Think... Your response should have been "Don't worry Hito, I will warm you up.. " lol got you this time? ^_^

So fill the tub with some warm liquid, Hito.

Problem solved. :P

• Members

Is it just me, or have we seem to attracted a few of the "mean girls" from next door lately (although with different masks). There seem to be a few more "negative" and downright mean/bitchy comments lately which remind me of "the other" site.

There is a post over there now about missing posters.. Rockhard made a post which describes my feelings exactly.. here it is "Mean queens are ugly, and the world already has too much ugly in it. I'm glad most of the ugly girls are gone.

IMO, intent matters. And if your intent is to slice and dice with every quip, or behave like a troll, the board will never be a welcoming place.

Yes, some queens adore a bitch fest, and they pop popcorn at the hint of a cat fight. The more bitchy the bitches, the better. I'm not one of those queens, and I don't like them.

]I think bitchy queens are sad and unhappy people, and too often they're saddled with a goal to make everyone else miserable, too. I don't like misery. And I don't want to be sucked into someone's shit hole. Misery loves company, and for a long time this board attracted some miserable posters."

While I enjoy a good debate. it does get tiring when certain people are always slamming the topic da jour.

I chuckled when I read that comment comming from, of ALL people Rockhard. He is one of the nastiest, meanest, judegmental, argumentative "Queens" over there and has the nerve to talk about others. "People in Glass houses".....Or is he just Clueless ??? I guess people never see their OWN flaws ?

I suspect YOU didnt like my comment on your "Out of this world Twink" thread Lurker ?

I am sorry, but I didnt know it was mandatory the replies to threads could ONLY be agreements. I thought we were able to offer our opinion, and sometimes those opinions are negative and not flattering. Kinda like the REAL world operates....

• Members

Whenever I see a thread like this, I wonder if I am a guilty party but then I think, if I am wondering about it, likely I am not. :smile: This is similar to musing about one's sanity in that if one IS wondering, likely one is sane (or nearly so). :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

You most definitely are not a 'guilty party'. Although you and I often have differences in views you are thoughtful and courtious in holding up your end of the discussion -- the kind of poster that makes an interesting forum IMO.

Guest lurkerspeaks

If you look back, first of all, the Out of the world twink thread was not started by me.. I merely made a comment on it as well. Secondly, I have not publicly named anyone who I felt was being a Mean girl, because, as I stated, it was merely MY perception and I know that one person's perception does not make it a truth. And thirdly, there is more than one person who, IMHO have been repeatedly negative, nasty, and/or condescending in their posts lately. I do agree with you that the comment I quoted by Rockhard was rather ironic considering its source, but nonetheless, it struck a chord with me..

Disagreeing with a fellow poster is what makes a board like this good. But as I have learned so many times in real life.. what you say can get lost in how you say it..

• Members

I chuckled when I read that comment comming from, of ALL people Rockhard. He is one of the nastiest, meanest, judegmental, argumentative "Queens" over there and has the nerve to talk about others. "People in Glass houses".....Or is he just Clueless ??? I guess people never see their OWN flaws ?

I suspect YOU didnt like my comment on your "Out of this world Twink" thread Lurker ?

I am sorry, but I didnt know it was mandatory the replies to threads could ONLY be agreements. I thought we were able to offer our opinion, and sometimes those opinions are negative and not flattering. Kinda like the REAL world operates....

I was somewhat suprised by the source of the comment as well. Rockhard must have had a life-changing experience based on my impressions of him from a few years back.

As for giving opinions, that is fine -- more than fine -- but the replays get old after a time when everyone already has been informed of it. Add to it an accusatory or disapproving tone and it becomes more than just opinion, IMO.

• Members

I was somewhat suprised by the source of the comment as well. Rockhard must have had a life-changing experience based on my impressions of him from a few years back.

As for giving opinions, that is fine -- more than fine -- but the replays get old after a time when everyone already has been informed of it. Add to it an accusatory or disapproving tone and it becomes more than just opinion, IMO.

I Totally agree with you Tampa, but HOW a person expresses themselves is as much a part of the personality as their DNA. To expect a person to tailor their comment, tone or delivery, would be like asking a person to give up a part of themselves. I would rather see the person for WHO they really are and appreciate their honesty. You will NEVER like everyone you encounter in the course of your life, and will also never agree with all of them. Yet your experience with them will color your life in ways you may not always realize. Eventhough Rockhard seesm to be one of the nastiest people on the boards, totally full of himself and so "above" everyone else, I have stopped arguing with him and learned just to read his comments and move on.. However, the impression he leaves on me is indellible.