Guest FourAces

April 22 is Earth Day

Guest EXPAT

I'm planting a bunch of flowers on Sunday and going to a tree planting party. The drink of choice for that day will be Naked Juice "Green Machine" with vodka of course. . .

• Members

Every year our little community dons orange vests, grabs grabbers and trash bags, and picks up litter along the side of our roads. It looks absolutely pristine when we're done. Not even a bottle cap.

It lasts for a few weeks and then someone passing through will toss a can or bottle. I've 'adopted' one road that I travel most days and try to keep it looking nice year-round. I believe others do the same as our roads usually look pretty clean.

Guest hitoallusa

Lookin you are awesome!

Every year our little community dons orange vests, grabs grabbers and trash bags, and picks up litter along the side of our roads. It looks absolutely pristine when we're done. Not even a bottle cap.

It lasts for a few weeks and then someone passing through will toss a can or bottle. I've 'adopted' one road that I travel most days and try to keep it looking nice year-round. I believe others do the same as our roads usually look pretty clean.

• Members

I did Spring cleaning last night and this morning. Mopped floors, vacumed carpet, picked up, put away, dusted and polished and generally did all those household chores I've be meaning to get around to for months.

Does that count? :flowers:

Guest hitoallusa

MsGuy, you really didn't have to clean up the house just for my visit. I love you no matter what.. ( please make sure that my walk in closet is completely vacuumed and place a foot long shoe rack in there for me.) I will travel light this time. ^_^

I did Spring cleaning last night and this morning. Mopped floors, vacumed carpet, picked up, put away, dusted and polished and generally did all those household chores I've be meaning to get around to for months.

• Members

I've 'adopted' one road that I travel most days and try to keep it looking nice year-round.

Ms. has an adopt-a-highway program too. Our highway department puts up roadside signs giving credit to the organizations that volunteer to pick up trash.

Is there a sign saying "this section of highway xxx has been adopted by lookin" ? If the Kiwanis Club gets one, I think lookin should too!

If not, maybe hito and I should post an online petition to the Cali DOT and get our boy some recognition.

Guest hitoallusa

I'm up for it. Lookin we need more people like you in our communities..

If not, maybe hito and I should post an online petition to the Cali DOT and get our boy some recognition.

• Members

I liked a recent video about getting rid of 100 things. That suggests going more "green" to me, but, in my case I would like to get rid of all BUT 100 things. It is amazing how many things we accumulate during our life time and how little of it we "really" need, isn't it?

I have recently donated a lot of "stuff" to charity and will do even more in the near term future.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Does it ever!! :thumbsup:

One of the key reasons for helping tidy up other peoples' messes is to avoid cleaning up my own. :shocked:

matthews-messy-room-3.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my that guy needs a wife.. What's his number?

Does it ever!! :thumbsup:

One of the key reasons for helping tidy up other peoples' messes is to avoid cleaning up my own. :shocked:

matthews-messy-room-3.jpg