JKane

Reason I specifically bought Girl Scout cookies recently...

• Members

Because they are the exact opposite of the asshats of Boy Scouts of America.

Boy Scouts Dismiss Ohio 'Den Mother' Because She's Gay

Jennifer Tyrrelll, a Cub Scout den mother in Ohio, was dismissed from her position last week after local Boy Scout officials learned she is a lesbian.

WTRF reports:

Tyrrell served as a den mother for a year, but when the local district council learned of her homosexuality, they told Tyrrell she had to leave her den leader position.

"I feel like I've had a great year, I've bonded with my parents, my children, we've done a lot of really good things. And in light of other circumstances, it was brought to the council's attention at a higher-up level that I was gay and I was forced to resign," added Tyrrell.

The Boy Scouts of America say it's within their first amendment rights to exclude openly homosexual persons from membership.

Watch an interview with Tyrrell HERE.

Guest FourAces

I can remember as a little kid on some scoutting camp out me and a friend played around with each other a little bit. Had I known then what I was doing might have been groundbreaking I would have spoke up :D

The boy scouts are so out of step with so much of the world. Next to the church its hard for me to think of another cult that is so stuck in the dark ages.

Guest hitoallusa

Girl Scout cookies are delicious ^_^ I buy them all the time..

can remember as a little kid on some scoutting camp out me and a friend played around with each other a little bit. Had I known then what I was doing might have been groundbreaking I would have spoke up :D

The boy scouts are so out of step with so much of the world. Next to the church its hard for me to think of another cult that is so stuck in the dark ages.

• Members

And they get a fair amount of taxpayer support for their unenlightened BS. Special/free access to parks/public lands, gov't support...

• Members

As I recall, Den Mothers are Cub Scout leaders. However, your comments about the BSA are valid, sorry to say. Boys and others, need outdoor activities that include learning about Ma Nature. Their activity schedule is good; their personal philosophy is not.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

It's really sad this happens because this is how these kids learn hate from the parents and leaders that set up these dumb rules. So sad.