Guest tomcal

what does "warning points" mean under the posters name?

Guest tomcal

I noticed this today when I was posting, but don't see it under other posters names. What are warning points issued for and how do u accumulate them?

Guest FourAces

We each have it but cannot see the other persons warning points. My total guess is if admin wants to putin place a system where posters who make inappropriate posts get warned and when they reach X amnount of points they are bnned or suspended from posting :o

Guest EXPAT

We each have it but cannot see the other persons warning points. My total guess is if admin wants to putin place a system where posters who make inappropriate posts get warned and when they reach X amnount of points they are bnned or suspended from posting :o

that would be my guess as well.

Yes, that is right. When an admin gives warning points, they have the option to put members on Moderated Mode (where their posts must be approved before others see them) or Banned (used for spammers).

Spammers infect the internet and it is hard to keep them away. When one posts, we ban them and report them as spam and keep them from registering their e-mail or username again.

In all the years with this site, there have been few that were ever given warning points, at least to my knowledge.

• Members

Similarly, I hit the "like this" checkmark under your post and received:

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

LOL... Ain't that a bitch.

Every software package has some unsuccessful 'feature'. As bugs go, there could be worse.