Guest EXPAT

Barbie and Ken behind closed doors

ROFL

"...Roy tells his bud that their marriage was a failure

'Cause neither he nor Babs have any genitalia."

-- from "The Groove Tube," rap number with poses of Barbie (Babs) and Ken (Roy) going through courtship, marriage, divorce, finally standing nekked as described.

(Note to self: buy DVDs of Groove Tube and Tunnelvision.)

Guest FourAces

I love the level of detail in that photo! Mind blowing to think of all the time somebody spent on all the tiny props!

I love the detail too. Wish Ken was shirtless though :lol:

Guest EXPAT

I think it would have been funny if there was another guy standing next to Ken in the mirror as well. That's how I would have staged it. LOL

• Members

Look in on a hobby shop that caters to dollhouse aficionados. Fascinating all the tiny furniture, props, architectural details, etc. I used to do model railroading and I thought we were nuts, but the dollhousers put us to shame.

That does sound fascinating. And there are still 'brick and mortar' stores dedicated to it? Any in the LA area?

That does sound fascinating. And there are still 'brick and mortar' stores dedicated to it? Any in the LA area?

Think I saw one on the waterfront in Laguna Beach, back in 2008. But no recall of name or where. Try Googling; it's the kind of merchandise that is so appealing and enjoyable to see in person that there are bound to be some physical stores left.