Guest EXPAT

Sign says it all

Guest Hoover42

I understand the sentiment, but if you go back far enough to when there were laws on the books making failure to attend church a crime, I think you'll find that Christianity in the US has been much more oppressive than it is today; It's just more insidious now.

• Members

I am hoping that most Christians can be "recovering Christians" in the sense of "allowing and appreciating others". That hope may be above and beyond but it IS my hope. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

I am hoping that most Christians can be "recovering Christians" in the sense of "allowing and appreciating others". That hope may be above and beyond but it IS my hope. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

from your lips to god's ears. . .

Oh my MsGuy I'm about to faint! You don't mean it!

He is making a double entendre. (Could be triple, if one counts the insipid C.S. Lewis. ^_^ )

I find myself in heated agreement with him. Which, this being one o' them thar theological things, he may or may not appreciate.

Nonetheless, we had best be careful what we wish for.

• Members

Never did understand what all the fuss was about with that Narnia crap. Even as a kid, I found it too boring to finish and I was the type that read the labels on a cereal box in a pinch.

Guest hitoallusa

Aww MsGuy you so cute! I want to have a son like you.. You must have been a very good kid in school.. A teacher's pet perhaps..

Peas in a pod on Narnia. First book, I think, that I just could not plow through. Somebody could padlock the damned wardrobe behind the brats, for my money.

... Back on point, this would be the day to acknowledge my blasphemies toward YHWH in no wise extend to Yeshua bar Joseph.

Some of his followers, now... (The double entendre I imputed to you: if no Judean Lion can be had just now, maybe a Roman lion or two would suffice.)

• Members

Some of his followers, now...

The occasional martydom can be fun...

martyr-of-st-peter-1701-mid.jpg

(maybe a Roman lion or two would suffice.)

But you might be surprised how many of the critters it takes to keep the population under proper control.

martyr.jpg

Lions are terribly lazy once they're full.

• Members

EXPAT, I completely agree, but you get full credit for kicking it off with an open-ended topic. :thumbsup:

I have never understood those that complain about threads being hijacked. Healthy threads have a life of their own and, like healthy kids, surprise us with what they grow into.

Guest hitoallusa

Well Christians that I know work hard and contribtue a lot at their work place. Instead of doing drugs and forcing others do drugs they use their time in healthy activities so they make people around them healthy and prosper. Instead of going to the bars and spending money on drinks they help poor and take care of those in need. They open their hearts to foreigners and feed them when they are hungry.

Even the disciples of Jesus sometimes behaved not so well right in front of Jesus and made mistakes. Nobody is perfect and that's why Jesus had to come as a savior according to the Bible. I find it sensible and reasonable.

I am not sure why some people can't see things going on in our own community. A lot of people are lost and do awful things to one another. But I believe that there are many good people in our community. You can't just look at a few bad apples and judge a group.