Guest EXPAT

Ryan Seacrest has yet another job

Guest EXPAT

Ryan Seacrest stopped by "Today" Wednesday morning (April 4) to make a big announcement - but no, he's not taking Matt Lauer's anchor job, a rumor that has been flying since last December when Seacrest met with some head honchos from NBC Universal.

Instead, Seacrest will be joining the NBC primetime team for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Former "Today" anchor Meredith Vieira has already announced that she will be joining the Olympics coverage team as well.

Seacrest also didn't come right out and officially announce his return to "American Idol," but he did say, "I plan to stay there. I think I'll have an official announcement very, very soon. I expect to be on that show."

Of course, there were plenty of jokes about Seacrest taking Lauer's job. Seacrest cracked, "I see you doing this for as long as you want to, so maybe the question is, how long will you be on 'The Today Show'?"

Seacrest also cracked that his meetings with the NBC Universal executives were "mostly about filling in to do the weather."

And Lauer was very gracious about the rumors, saying, "I think you would be great at this job, and secondly ... Ryan and I are friendly. We have talked about this and joked about this. There is no tension here. I bought dinner, which I think was completely inappropriate. [laughs]"

post-105999-0-12928000-1333555630.jpg

Guest EXPAT

Here are a bunch of shots from his Today appearance. I have a feeling that we will be seeing him on the Today Show more and more now as a co-anchor. As a confirmed metrosexual, he is still quite cute. But he has more jobs than Carter has pills. . .

post-105999-0-40486000-1333568923.jpg

post-105999-0-58741600-1333568929.jpg

post-105999-0-73794500-1333568936.jpg

post-105999-0-96912800-1333568944.jpg

post-105999-0-86426900-1333568951.jpg

Guest EXPAT

He wants to be the next Dick Clark with news credentials. So I'm sure some PR person told him that it would make him look more serious. At least he doesn't have the frosted tips like he had 10 years ago on the first 2 years of American Idol. LOL