Guest lurkerspeaks

Jesus is not a homophobe

Guest lurkerspeaks

A gay high school junior in Cincinnati was told he could not wear a tshirt bearing the phrase "Jesus was not a homophobe". The school says the shirt was sexual in nature..

What do you think? Should the shirt be allowed or was the school right in banning it?

Read the article http://www.azcentral...esus-shirt.html

Guest EXPAT

That is a tough one. I think having those type of messages in public school can only lead to problems. Free speech though should probably rule. So in my view it is not a good idea to do it, but I think according to the first amendment they should be able to do it. But it wouldn't surprise me that administrators would ban it although I don't think it would be legal to do it.

Guest hitoallusa

Why can't that kid just study hard and do something innovative and good for our society! It will have more power than wearing a shirt. I have to give him credit for trying.

That is a tough one. I think having those type of messages in public school can only lead to problems. Free speech though should probably rule. So in my view it is not a good idea to do it, but I think according to the first amendment they should be able to do it. But it wouldn't surprise me that administrators would ban it although I don't think it would be legal to do it.

Apparently kids in the same school were allowed to wear tshirts with bible verses on them. Pretty clear case of double standards.