TotallyOz

What book from your childhood would you like to see made into a movie?

My niece and nephew are really enjoying the Hunger Games as they read all the books in this series. They also loved Harry Potter and grew up with those books.

I just saw the Greek myths movie about Perseus and the gods. It was just OK but as I loved the myths when I was younger, I still enjoyed the movie.

If I could choose anyone one book that I want to see being made into a movie, it would be The Giver. I loved the book so much but I didn't read it until I was an adult. If I had to pick a book from my childhood, I'll have to ask for the ENTIRE Wizard of Oz series. There were many books from that group and I loved them all. I feel in love with the characters and never forgot them. (I would have said the Hobbit) but it is on the way this December).

• Members

Hmm, only really good book I remember from my childhood is, as you said, coming in December.

I'd love for all the great Sci-Fi I've read since childhood to be made into low-mid budget movies instead of the *fucking dogshit* SyFy chooses to make instead though!

Guest EXPAT

I would like to see remake of The Hardy Boys. I loved those stories. I think now they could make some really good movies about those boys.

I'd love for all the great Sci-Fi I've read since childhood to be made into low-mid budget movies instead of the *fucking dogshit* SyFy chooses to make instead though!

Absolutely!

I would give anything to see Clarke's Childhood's End brought to the big screen. He reported he sold the rights long ago and projects were started more than once, but never came to anything.

Guest EXPAT

I'm also hoping the book I'm reading right now will be made into a major motion picture. "11/23/63" by Stephen King is such an amazing book. I actually think that this is his best book in a long time.

Guest gcursor

THE THREE INVESTIGATORS every chapter always ended with something so odd or exciting or etc. that you were forced to read the next chapter and so on and so forth...

Guest lurkerspeaks

It isn't really a childhood book, but I would love to see a movie made of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner". Supposedly it had been "optioned" numerous times in the past but it never came to be. After the success of Brokeback Mountain, I would think it might be considered again.

• Members

It isn't really a childhood book, but I would love to see a movie made of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner". Supposedly it had been "optioned" numerous times in the past but it never came to be. After the success of Brokeback Mountain, I would think it might be considered again.

I second this, along with her two sequels. :thumbsup:

• Members

The View from the Cherry Tree, I must've read that 10 times in 6th grade. Plus there was a Nancy Drew mystery, I can't recall the name, but I read it in 4th grade and it deals with a girl who is being abused by her relatives.

• Members

I read Tom Swift as a boy but those were really my great uncle's childhood books. They might translate into a good movie.

As a slightly "older" boy, I really enjoyed Tai Pan. Was that made into a movie?

Best regards,

RA1