Guest EXPAT

On this week's "Hot in Cleveland"

Guest EXPAT

I love it when they cast old cast mates together in new sitcoms.

Georgia Engel guest stars on "Hot in Cleveland" this week opposite of Betty White. Many will remember both actresses playing roles on the Mary Tyler Moore Show back in the 70's.

post-105999-0-06821000-1332983342.jpg

Guest lurkerspeaks

and on Fran Dreschers show, Happily Divorced, they have Renee Taylor playing a neighbor. Renee was on the Nanny as Fran's over the top Jewish Mom.

happily-divorced-fran-renee-500.jpg

Guest EXPAT

I wondered how long it would be before that stunt casting on "Happily Divorced". I actually think that show is very funny despite her annoying voice.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Not to hijack the thread.. but a trivia question from "the Nanny".. the actress who portrayed Yeda, the grandmother--what other "classic Nick at night" tv show was she once featured on?

240px-8926_184831487094_569537094_4372583_3994065_n.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Wow EXPAT you are good! Now how can you not love Fran... She is so adorable...

yes, Expat, you are correct. Yeda was Millie Helper

MV5BMTg4MTAyMjQ4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTQzNTQ2._V1._SX343_SY450_.jpg

Guest FourAces

I'm a big fan of Betty White and have tried so hard to like this show ... for me it just falls very flat. Its like you cook this amazing entree but its missing a spice so the dish tastes pretty dull. I just don't see things changing much at this point though.

Guest EXPAT

I'm a big fan of Betty White and have tried so hard to like this show ... for me it just falls very flat. Its like you cook this amazing entree but its missing a spice so the dish tastes pretty dull. I just don't see things changing much at this point though.

I agree with you. I think the writing is very lacking. But that is the case with almost every comedy on the air today with the exception of "Big Bang Theory" and "Modern Family" who I think both have excellent writing teams. But everything else seems to be cheap amateur hour.

But I'll still watch Betty White no matter what she does and I like that ensemble cast as well. Sean Hayes need to find better writers for his show.