Guest FourAces

Facebook - DId Zuckerberg Create it?

Guest FourAces

There have been so many suits against Mark Zuckerberg over the years related to the rightful creator of Facebook. I was reading about one now, that doesn't seem very credibile, but its interesting none the less.

What do you guys believe? Did the kid at harvard do it alone? Did he have heklp? Or did he outright steal the idea?

Guest EXPAT

What's interesting is that the case wasn't thrown out immediately so there must be some merit worth reviewing which in and of itself is interesting.

Guest hitoallusa

Well the idea had been there like people dreaming of going to the moon. He created something innovative from what's out there at that time. He should be given credit for that. There were of course a lot of people involved in the process and I think they all got rich. Everyone can conceive the idea but it's him who implemented it.

• Members

From what I understand about the court case is that any other contributors were of minor import and settlements have been reached with those parties. The Winkelvoss Bros hired him to code a Harvard only social site which Zuckerberg ignored to puruse a more expansive site. They sued and settled for 60 million although they tried to push their claim to higer courts which rejected their claim. His original partner who bankrolled the operation with $1000 had 30% of the original company but was eventually eased out with next to nothing. He later settled for a much larger payout. So it appears that others had some level of involvement but the real creative expanse and tech foundation is Zuckerberg, as I understand it.