Guest FourAces

The Fourms New Layout

Guest FourAces

Big thumbs up to OZ & TY for the useful refresh of the MER Forums!

Everything from the easier to read font size and color contrast to the thread previews and more is a huge plus!

:wub:

Thanks. I didn't even know this was going on last night. There were some issues with vunerabilities in the older version of the software and the programmers just upgraded it. I'll be checking today to see if any issues. Please let us know if you guys see any!

Guest EXPAT

Please look into why you can't access the forum on mobile devices. I tried this morning and there was no way to load it at all other than a shell without any ability to click on threads.

Please look into why you can't access the forum on mobile devices. I tried this morning and there was no way to load it at all other than a shell without any ability to click on threads.

Having no problems on the iPhone 4S.

...though I have not yet checked what Siri thinks of the change. ^_^

P.S. My avatar even shows up on mobile with this new environment! Thankee! to the programmers.

The new envt is noticeably faster on my phone also.

Guest EXPAT

This is my first post I've been able to do on my iPhone 4s. In the last version you could login from the forum but now you have to login on the main page then go to the forum.

• Members

As I've mentioned before, I HATE CHANGE. :ph34r:

That said, the new format does seem easier to read and more attractive to the eye. No doubt I'll like it once I get used to it and be equally opposed to any changes to it in the future.

• Members

MsGuy, I do believe we were separated at birth! siamese-emoticon.gif

I'm sure I'll get used to it too, though I do miss the old color scheme which I thought was elegant, warm, and tasteful, much like many of my favorite fellow-posters. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it will return over the coming days and weeks. I know I will. :thumbsup:

Guest hitoallusa

Facts:

1. Lookin and MsGuy are both good at finding interesting pics.

2. Lookin and MsGuy are both intelligent.

3. Lookin and MsGuy think alike..

4. Lookin and MsGuy have the same tastes..

Thus it is likely that they are twins???

Guest FourAces

Dude, look at their avatars. Lookin in smoking something and MS is a shadow. Should we pick an avatar for him?

I think the update deleted several avatars. MsGuy used to have one as did CharliePS plus Axiom2001 ... and Lucky did as well but he might have deleted his?

Guest hitoallusa

Hmm Adam Smith you seem to know more about MsGuy than I do, Do I have another competitor here?

Hitoall, you can't have lookin TOO. He's spoken for. ^_^

FourAces, MsGuy's avatar was Foghorn Leghorn, after it was Elmer Fudd, if memory fails not. Corn squeezin's to lookin's mega-spiff.

• Members

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHH!

It took me months to figure out how to link to an avatar; more months to find one that would work on your rinkydink software; & NOW IT'S GONE!

Somebody better fix this. You don't want me to have to come over there...

Foghorn_a05eac_135003.jpg

So sorry, but I think the difference with your avatar and the ones that lost them and the ones that didn't is the linking the avatar. I uploaded my image to the site. It has stayed consistent for ages. If you have the link for your old avatar, I can download it and edit it and send to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guest FourAces

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHH!

It took me months to figure out how to link to an avatar; more months to find one that would work on your rinkydink software; & NOW IT'S GONE!

Somebody better fix this. You don't want me to have to come over there...

Foghorn_a05eac_135003.jpg

Hey MsGuy If you want to send me a link to your avatar or anybody else wants to for that matter I will also be happy to capture and size it and email it back for you to upload. With the new layout the avatars really stand out so lets make the forums look pretty :P

Guest FourAces

Hey guys not sure if anybody else noticed this yet but the new forum brings another cool feature. We now have slideshow :D Basically this means if you click on a pic in a post that has multiple pics you can move through them using the forward and back arrows.

I've been trying to add a slidehow plugin on my wordpress blog but cannot find one. If anybody happens to know of any please post the info.

Guest CharliePS

I think the update deleted several avatars. MsGuy used to have one as did CharliePS plus Axiom2001 ... and Lucky did as well but he might have deleted his?

I never had an avatar here, so none was lost.

Guest FourAces

I never had an avatar here, so none was lost.

Charlie didn't Lucky set you up with a avatar? I thought it was a pic of a historic person ... but I could have just been dreaming it :(