Guest EXPAT

Streisand celebrates 50 years in showbiz

Guest lurkerspeaks

Thanks for the great article. I think Babs was the reason I became a homosexual. I remember being a small child of 8 or so, and being taken by my father and stepmother to see the movie version of Funny Girl. I was instantly in love with Barbra Streisand. From there, I saw Hello Dolly, and each and every new movie she came out with. I was the only teenage boy I knew who had Barbra posters and album covers on his walls.

Guest hitoallusa

I watched Funny Girl when I was a kid and I didn't understand the movie but I thought Barbara was an interesting actress. Congrats on your 50th anniversary in the showbusiness and many more to come.

• Members

I saw Funny Girl, the movie, with my older sister when it was first run and enjoyed it immensely. While I do not always agree with MS. Streisand's politics, I always enjoy her voice, her performances and her "moxie". ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

That's interesting on your not always agreeing with her politics. She is obviously very liberal and I have never heard anything that I didn't agree with frankly. But I do know Republicans can't stand her. But I find her views to be spot on all the time.

I am so glad I got to see her at Staple's Center in 2008. I had 7th row floor seats and it was truly a magical evening that I will never ever forget.

• Members

Personalities are always interesting and BS's is certainly so. I do not claim to be a R but a Libertarian. Your personality is interesting and so is hers but, sorry, I do not necessarily agree with your or her politics. We can still share "stuff". ^_^

Best regards,

RA1