Guest EXPAT

What happens to Tebow now that Manning has arrived?

Guest EXPAT

All eyes are on the Denver Broncos now that they've decided to pony up $95,000,000 to hire Peyton Manning over the next 5 years. But what happens to Tim Tebow? Is Jesus calling for Tim to serve a different purpose?

post-105999-062215700 1332258386.jpg

Guest FourAces

Thats a cute pic.

I think they will trade him. With Manning there they really don't need such a high priced QB on the roster. Plus from my understanding Elway is not a big fan of Tebow anyway. So it gives him an opportunity to unload him on another team ... but who wants him? Miami just picked up David Gerrad so they are no longer seeking a QB. SF is still happy with how well Alex Smith played last season. KC has two solid players on their roster. My guess is Jacksonville, St Louis or Arizona.

• Members

Thats a cute pic.

I think they will trade him. With Manning there they really don't need such a high priced QB on the roster. Plus from my understanding Elway is not a big fan of Tebow anyway. So it gives him an opportunity to unload him on another team ... but who wants him? Miami just picked up David Gerrad so they are no longer seeking a QB. SF is still happy with how well Alex Smith played last season. KC has two solid players on their roster. My guess is Jacksonville, St Louis or Arizona.

Probably but I suspect that may be a mistake. Manning's age is an issue as well as his health, coming off a down year due to a broken body. That is a bad combination. If they do trade then they may find themselves with a broken star quaterback on permanent or long-term rehab in mid season. If it were me I'd hold on to him for at least a year to see how things go with Manning. I never like all my eggs in one basket.

Guest FourAces

Probably but I suspect that may be a mistake. Manning's age is an issue as well as his health, coming off a down year due to a broken body. That is a bad combination. If they do trade then they may find themselves with a broken star quaterback on permanent or long-term rehab in mid season. If it were me I'd hold on to him for at least a year to see how things go with Manning. I never like all my eggs in one basket.

I hope that they do trade him but I agree they do need a reasonable back up to Manning. I am not sure who that might be. I was surprised that the Cowboys paid Kyle Orton 5 million plus for a one year back up deal to Tony Romo. Surprised in the sense that Orton is still a potential starter in the league. Talk around here is why would he want to take the money to just sit on the bench?

And Denver needs someone like their former QB Orton to back Manning up.

Guest FourAces

He'll go to Miami, and they'll get worse. ^_^

A little side note for many years I was a Dolphan's fan. I had lived in Miami both as a kid and adult. I was able to witness their perfect season including the Super Bowl in Los Angeles that year. I even have a few unused tickets from that game ... wonder if they are worth anything?

And yes Miami is def in a lot of trouble. They just cannot seem to get any stability going at all. I'm not expecting much from them this season either ... especially if newly sign Garrad is the starting QB.

I don't follow football at all, but read an article in the paper this morning suggesting that Tebow might be a hard trade. He hasn't really had a great season, 46% pass completion, and his fan base is a bit of a mixed blessing to the team that gets him if they don't want to play him all the time.

I'll pay attention because I find Tebow's sanctimonious posturing annoying.

• Members

He might go to JAX. They "can't" get worse. ^_^

Seriously, playing in FL will be good for him and his fans. That is where he made his "name" and most likely will do the best PR.

Regardless of his personal feelings or "appeal", I only wish him the best. He tries hard and, as far as I can tell, does not disrespect anyone. That includes you and me or so I hope.

Best regards,

RA1