Guest EXPAT

Daniel Radcliffe as Allen Ginsberg

Guest EXPAT

Here he is in New York on the set of "Kill Your Darlings" in costume with his hair curled as Allen Ginsberg. James Franco, of course, was the last to play Ginsberg in Howl. I loved him in that film. He was so... restrained. Like the Artist decided to remove himself from the actor’s ass, allowing for a subtle, nuanced performance. Also, Franco as Ginsberg was required to be clean-cut and good-looking instead.

Anyway, like Howl, "Kill Your Darlings" is also an independent film. This time the story is about Radcliffe’s Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, and William Burroughs brought together by a murder in 1944. Speaking of killing your darlings, I wonder what Faulkner would have said about fan fiction.

post-105999-068587600 1332209804.jpg

Thank you for this news! Look forward to seeing how he does with it. Bunch more nice stills here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2117102/Daniel-Radcliffe-channels-inner-geek-new-role-Beat-poet-Allen-Ginsberg.html

Wonder who is playing Burroughs? One of my favorite writers. In college, wolfed down Naked Lunch in one sitting.

The biggest concern with casting Daniel Radcliffe as Allen Ginsberg wasn't that the actor wasn't gay, it was that he wasn't Jewish. Then the director's boyfriend set him straight. "Of course he's Jewish--everyone in the world knows that. Didn't you see the shots from Equus? He's only British from the waist up."

Guest CharliePS

Thank you for this news! Look forward to seeing how he does with it. Bunch more nice stills here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2117102/Daniel-Radcliffe-channels-inner-geek-new-role-Beat-poet-Allen-Ginsberg.html

Wonder who is playing Burroughs? One of my favorite writers. In college, wolfed down Naked Lunch in one sitting.

The image of "wolfing down" Naked Lunch is disturbing to me. I don't think I am especially prudish, but I found it one of the most unpleasant books I have ever attempted to read, and about halfway through I abandoned it in disgust.

The image of "wolfing down" Naked Lunch is disturbing to me. I don't think I am especially prudish, but I found it one of the most unpleasant books I have ever attempted to read, and about halfway through I abandoned it in disgust.

I am trying to find language in which to agree with you while saying I love every one of his words.

You knew Burroughs, Ginsberg and Arthur Clarke were good friends at the Chelsea while ACC was writing 2001.

Guest zipperzone

I totally agree!

Guest CharliePS

I am trying to find language in which to agree with you while saying I love every one of his words.

You knew Burroughs, Ginsberg and Arthur Clarke were good friends at the Chelsea while ACC was writing 2001.

I knew Burroughs and Ginsberg were friends, but I was not aware of the Clarke connection.

Kill Your Darlings director John Krokidas says that he forbid manscaping for Daniel Radcliffe for the movie, because men of that era weren’t plucked and trimmed, nor were they buff like we see today. He also takes pride in the gay sex scene, which he finds realistic, as opposed to Brokeback Mountain.

• Members

Saw the movie over the weekend, quite liked it. The actor playing Lucien is very hot indeed, and Radcliffe is excellent as well, all the longing looks. Sex scene could've been longer.

Interesting look into that period, made me wish my crappy American education had included more literature.