Guest EXPAT

"Missing" on ABC

Guest EXPAT

I was pretty impressed with the premiere of "Missing" on ABC last night. Ashley Judd is really good in this show. She does this kind of action really well. I wasn't expecting much actually but was very impressed. The pilot in its entirety is in the link below in case you want to watch it. (US viewers only)

• Members

I was pretty impressed with the premiere of "Missing" on ABC last night. Ashley Judd is really good in this show. She does this kind of action really well. I wasn't expecting much actually but was very impressed. The pilot in its entirety is in the link below in case you want to watch it. (US viewers only)

Ditto. It will be interesting if they can sustain the tension over a longer term. This type show usually has to play out in several episodes at most or turn into soap opera. I'll be watching to see which way it goes.

• Members

My usual tendency is to not start a new series until it's proven to be a hit, tickles my fancy and then, watch the first season when available and start in on the second season when it start (most recently started watching Justified this way). I must admit some curiosity about this one. Thanks for your comments. I may give it a spin.

Guest FourAces

My usual tendency is to not start a new series until it's proven to be a hit, tickles my fancy and then, watch the first season when available and start in on the second season when it start (most recently started watching Justified this way). I must admit some curiosity about this one. Thanks for your comments. I may give it a spin.

Like you BigK I don't like to invest too much time in new series as in the past they don't seem to last. However, I did watch Missing and sadly feel it will not last either. Now I am in a bind. DO I continue to watch till its taken off the air in 6 weeks or just give up now?

I love Ashley Judd but its hard to see her in this unreal character. The pilot is full of holes and even if we go with the story line what will be the payoff? I mean she will find her son, it will have something to do with when she was in the agency and?

The most intriguing part of the show was some of the scenes were filmed in Europe and that the story takes place there.

• Members

Like you BigK I don't like to invest too much time in new series as in the past they don't seem to last. However, I did watch Missing and sadly feel it will not last either. Now I am in a bind. DO I continue to watch till its taken off the air in 6 weeks or just give up now?

I love Ashley Judd but its hard to see her in this unreal character. The pilot is full of holes and even if we go with the story line what will be the payoff? I mean she will find her son, it will have something to do with when she was in the agency and?

The most intriguing part of the show was some of the scenes were filmed in Europe and that the story takes place there.

Is the missing son at least hot? He must be to fit the Hollywood formula, otherwise people wouldn't watch.

Guest FourAces

Is the missing son at least hot? He must be to fit the Hollywood formula, otherwise people wouldn't watch.

Yep he is a cutie but we only get to see a few minutes of him :(

Guest FourAces

I broke down and watched the second episode this morning. The show is still intriguing but I am still a little skpectical to devote much time to it yet. However, if you enjoyed the first episode I do believe you will be hooked a bit more after watching the second.

Guest EXPAT

I think this first "missing case" will be solved after the 10 episodes already produced. So I suspect that if it is renewed she will rejoin the CIA and have a new case to work on. I think it is really good so far after two episodes and I plan to watch the first season to conclusion. I'm treating it like it is a mini-series. Considering it's getting pretty good ratings for a heavily competitive Thursday 8PM time slot, I am certain it will be renewed. I have a four way conflict at 8PM on Thursday right now. Isn't that terrible? I watch "The Vampire Diaries", "The Big Bang Theory", "American Idol Results Show" and now "Missing" all on at 8PM on Thursday. Thank goodness for DVRs and for on demand video.

Guest hitoallusa

Why does this remind me of Scarecrow and Mrs. King? Do you guys remember that show? A housewife becomes a CIA spy and do all kinds of exciting things... I miss that show..

Guest EXPAT

Except Ashley Judd was CIA before she became a housewife and mother. And Ashley Judd's character is a major badass unlike Kate Jackson who played Mrs. King. I think that Ashley Judd is very well cast in the movie and I can't wait for the next episode. It along with "Revenge" are now my two favorite shows this season. Although, I just started watching the new "Mad Men" and I'm sure that will jump to the top very fast. That show is the best ever.