Guest FourAces

Rock Group Delivers Controversial Message at School Assembly

Guest FourAces

This makes me so angry. I just wish I was there to punch these assholes out.

------------

High school students in Dunkerton, Iowa were expecting an assembly about bullying and making good choices. What they got instead was the Christian rap/hard rock band called Junkyard Prophet delivering an anti-gay and anti-abortion rant.

Related: Obama to Open Anti-Bullying Film Sunday

According to the La Crosse Tribune, after the band performed, they separated the girls, boys, and teachers into three breakout groups. "They told my daughter, the girls, that they were going to have mud on their wedding dresses if they weren't virgins," said Jennifer Littlefield, whose 16-year-old daughter, Alivia called her in tears after the event. Reportedly, one of the band members led the girls in a chant pledging purity and encouraged them to be submissive to their husbands after marriage.

The boys were shown images of musicians who died of drug overdoses. A video of the event shows a band member criticizing Elton John and Lady Gaga for encouraging "sexual deviancy" and supporting laws outlawing homosexuality.

Read the rest and see the video http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/rock-group-8220-junkyard-prophet-8221-delivers-controversial-202200759.html

Guest EXPAT

This kind of stuff angers me as well. The evangelist agenda is taking over in a lot of things. Once again it's mans' bastardized view of the bible rearing its ugly head everywhere. If I were a parent in that area I would have thrown a huge fit with the school administration that they would have not liked.

Let's teach hate and stupidity early in life. That's where it's all learned anyway from misguided adults. So sad and makes me angry.

• Members

Especially pisses me off that people think that a good strategy to combat bullying is to bring in some fucking evangelicals!

There's a school administration that needs to be fired.

Hope this story blows up. Would be great to have Gaga show up and do her own concert!