Guest hitoallusa

Inflation is serious

• Members

Not sure exactly what your frame of reference is but when Bush started or continued 2 wars without providing the money to pay for them and then BO made it much worse borrowing more money we don't have it became obvious that runaway inflation is going to happen. It is just a matter of when and how bad.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Anyone else remember stagflation? I certainly do and not fondly. It was a period where prices were inflated but wages were deflated with the economy moribund. We have been in an economy very much liket that for some time. After that we had soaring inflation and I fear we will have the same or worse all too soon.

Every economic cycle has its' own little quirks and definitive features. No doubt we shall look back and define this one more accurately later.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

We'll see how long the gas prices stay high. That will cause commodities to do up in price in the second half of the year. If it doesn't impact much other than basic commodities then it won't be too bad. But we'll see how long these high gas prices last.

Guest hitoallusa

The price increase in everything is serious... The rich will not be affected that much since their stocks and investments will protect them but others will be seriously affected...

• Members

I am hoping and expecting to live longer than a few to several months. I think you guys may be taking way too short a view. When inflation hits it will be powerful and long lasting and have a very negative effect on the economy and most of us personally.

We, meaning mankind in general and "western countries" in particular, tamper and tinker way too much with the so called natural flow of economics. In many ways there is no natural economy and it is entirely a man made idea but we still tinker with it more than is necessary or helpful.

Wait until eggs are 10 cents or more apiece. Wait, they already are. Wait until they are $1 each.

Anything that is grown commercially or raised as animal stock commercially will be adversely affected by the price of oil.

Those are some of the problems and regardless of who is elected in the short term, they will not go away any time soon. However, how long the problems actually last could depend upon who is elected.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Well there is a gap between wealthy Americans and the middle class... I think . I do hope it's a temporary thing because of oil price.. Or is it a sign for things to come???

CPI increased 0.4% after advancing 0.2% in Jan, in line with economists' expectations. Gasoline accounted for more than 80% of rise.