KYTOP

TV Love Boat being scraped

• Members

I don't know how many remember the old TV series from the 70's "Love Boat" but I think I watched it every week back then with all it's cheesy story lines and stupid jokes.

Well sadly the Boat itself is headed to the scrap heap. The end of another era.

http://www.eonline.com/news/mayday_mayday_love_boat_cruise_ship/300010?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Geesh now I'll have The Love Boat theme song stuck in my head all day.

• Members

I certainly remember the Love Boat although I was not necessarily a weekly fan. ^_^ However, the characters were interesting and "better" than some of the present ones as seen on TV. ^_^:(

When one waxes nostalgic just remember, things always return to "earth", whether it be human flesh, automobiles, ships, aircraft or anything man made. That is part of the natural process of life.

That does NOT mean to disregard any fond memories of any or all things prior.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

Given all of the problems in the cruise ship industry lately you'd think they'd keep the ones that are proven and work !! I think it will be a long long time before I set foot on a cruise ship again. I've taken three cruises and that's enough I think.