Guest FourAces

Is Jon The Planets Most Stupid Waiter?

Guest FourAces

WOW some people just have zero common sense.

-----------

It was a good thing Peyton Manning left such a nice tip for his server at the Angus Barn because it was one of the last the server would ever receive at the Raleigh, N.C., steakhouse.

According to the Triangle Business Journal, a server at the restaurant was fired after posting a photograph of the generous tip Manning left on a $625 bill. The restaurant included its own 18 percent gratuity, bringing the tab to about $739, and Manning added another $200 on top -- roughly -a 50 percent tip. "Jon" was terminated by restaurant owner Van Eure for violating the restaurant's privacy policy.

post-100094-050338100 1331308698.jpg

Guest EXPAT

yeah, that was pretty poor judgment on the waiter's part. But I can understand his excitement. He went to a lot of trouble to scan or take a photo of it too, but he probably has friends that wouldn't have believed a simple tweet about without evidence. But it's too bad he lost his job but I don't think the restaurant had a choice if they want to protect the privacy of its clients. . .

Plus showing the world more or less how a forgery of Manning's signature should look.

(irrelevant PS ... Angus Barn was the height of dining in Raleigh when it first opened decades ago. Today, although it still puts on airs, its only real value is as a guaranteed-not-to-be-too-bad place to stop on the way to the airport.)

I'd cut the guy some slack. A famous person left him a big tip. It must have made his year, who wouldn't want to brag about it, and why wouldn't Peyton not want the world to know he's a stand up guy with his money?

If somebody famous gave me a big tip, I'd tell everybody too. (Ashton, are you listening?) And I'm not talking about money...

• Members

I'd cut the guy some slack. A famous person left him a big tip. It must have made his year, who wouldn't want to brag about it, and why wouldn't Peyton not want the world to know he's a stand up guy with his money?

If somebody famous gave me a big tip, I'd tell everybody too. (Ashton, are you listening?) And I'm not talking about money...

I agree with Caeron here. It was a big deal, and Manning looked good and so did the restaurant.

• Members

I realize times change and a lot of folks are "posting" their lives on various social media but I am not one of those and most of the people I do business with don't appreciate their privacy being invaded. I understand this waiter telling his friends or even showing a few of them a purloined photo but posting same is beyond the pale.

I would not have lasted two minutes in corporate aviation if I did something like that. I appreciate my own privacy and try to respect the privacy of others. We see a lot of the rich, famous and powerful in the course of the business of aviation and I try to leave them to as much of a normal life as I possibly can. I don't get paid to act that way. I believe it is the right thing to do.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Perhaps it is in the sense that if one breaks the employer's rules, one is subject to termination.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I realize times change and a lot of folks are "posting" their lives on various social media but I am not one of those and most of the people I do business with don't appreciate their privacy being invaded. I understand this waiter telling his friends or even showing a few of them a purloined photo but posting same is beyond the pale.

I would not have lasted two minutes in corporate aviation if I did something like that. I appreciate my own privacy and try to respect the privacy of others. We see a lot of the rich, famous and powerful in the course of the business of aviation and I try to leave them to as much of a normal life as I possibly can. I don't get paid to act that way. I believe it is the right thing to do.

Best regards,

RA1

I agree. The lack of respect or concern for privacy in this day and age, especially with the younger generation is unbelievable to me. It is my understanding that the facebook picture did show the last 4 digits of his credit card number, the type of credit card used not to mention how much money he spent and that he was at the restaurant and when, due to the time stamp.

I am sure the waiter didn't even think twice about posting the receipt and actually thought he was paying Peyton a compliment about being a generous person.