Lucky

Coronal Mass Eruption

• Members

Thursday should be the day that the aftereffects of a huge solar storm should be felt on planet earth.

Scientists say it could give us a massive jolt.

Thursday evening might bring massive auroras, especially if there is not a full moon to dilute the color. That could be the good part. The bad part is that GPS devices could be way off. magnetic, radio, and radiation emissions could really foul up. Airline flights could be screwed. Your car GPS might send you 700 miles just to find a post office. Last time this happened, 6 million people in Quebec lost power.

Oh, by the way, watch out for falling satellites! Stormy Weather

Guest EXPAT

I think we are near a full moon so if we see anything in SoCal it will be the full moon light unfortunately. But we may too far south anyway.

Apocalypse begins. Well, not exactly, but I am having intermittent problems getting both cell and landlIne calls to go through.

This should really excite the two nice Jehovah's Witness ladies who rang the doorbell the other day all eager to talk about Armageddon. ^_^

Acquaintance who is a network engineer with CenturyLink (formerly Embarq, formerly Sprint) did tell me this morning (personal convo, not business) that their system is sputtering a bit from the solar event. But that officially the carriers are not too keen to say much of anything that would acknowledge vulnerabilities in their networks, even to acts of nature.