Lucky

Baseball, Boys & Phoenix

• Members

So yesterday I went to the first spring training game I had ever attended. It was in Phoenix, Arizona, and was played between the Seattle Mariners and the San Diego Padres.

marinerslogo.jpg

san-diego-padres.jpg

The two teams share a spring training facility in Peoria, Arizona.

Guest EXPAT

I am glad you like baseball. I have never been able to stay awake during either a golf game or a baseball game. I don't know why they bore me to death like they do, but my friends who love baseball are fanatics about it. So I'm glad you like it because it is part of American history and I just can't get into it at all.

• Members

It doesn't really matter who wins the games, especially at the very beginning of the spring training season. I went to see Jesus Montero, the hot young catching prospect traded to Seattle from the New York Yankees.

NIB-Seattle_Mariners-R_jpg_635x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

• Members

The Mariners were leading 4-0 when most of the experienced players left the field to let the younger ones have some time. Since it was 84, and I was sitting in the sun, ( a good seat though!) I left too.

I headed for the parking lot, taking note of some of the other playing fields which arre used for practice.

mariners0219%20004.jpg

• Members

MsGuy, has it occurred to you that I like telling stories in that format? And it is not against the rules, unless you are trying to build your post count, which I am not, and unless you do 30 posts in less than an hour, which I didn't. I think telling a story like that, where each post is sort of its own episode, is fun, and I think many agree with me!

Burma Shave

Pluggers_041011_C.jpg

Guest lurkerspeaks

It was great seeing Lucky again. We talked about Rio and Thailand over a nice steak dinner. Unfortunately, (and much to my embarrassment) a very sour dancer at Dicks ruined the evening there. Pretty nude boys may cum and go, but good friends last a lifetime. Thanks again for the company last nite, Lucky. And be sure to have fun in Rio on my behalf.