TotallyOz

Fucking Rush Limbaugh Up the ASS: could not happen to a nicer man

Guest EXPAT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/10/talk-radio-losing-advertisers_n_1336634.html

Up to 98 advertisers have left now. And many big company advertisers are now re-thinking all of talk radio wanting to avoid any adversarial commentary that might create a controversy. I think this is only short term but it does concern me that free speech is now subject to the will of money and advertisers. I think these things are like a pendulum but we have to support the right of free speech without yelling fire in a crowded theatre (of course).

Guest EXPAT

A group of well-known feminists is calling for Rush Limbaugh’s head - and they want radio listeners to help fire him.

In an editorial posted on CNN.com Saturday, Gloria Steinem, Jane Fonda and Robin Morgan urged listeners to file complaints with the FCC in hopes that the government agency will yank the licenses of radio stations that air his show — and thus silence the controversial conservative.

Limbaugh's syndicator, Clear Channel Communications, has backed the host since he called Sandra Fluke, a third-year Georgetown law student, a "slut" and "prostitute" over her support of insurance coverage of birth control.

"If Clear Channel won't clean up its airways, then surely it's time for the public to ask the FCC a basic question: Are the stations carrying Limbaugh's show in fact using their licenses "in the public interest?" the trio wrote.

The editorial says it's not about Limbaugh's political views, but more about his "toxic hate speech" on the airwaves.

Here is the editorial they wrote on Saturday morning to the FCC:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/10/opinion/fonda-morgan-steinem-limbaugh/index.html?iref=allsearch

I personally believe in the right of free speech (except the "fire" in the theatre stuff) and let the free market decide what to do with these people. I personally have no interest listening to him but I respect the right for him to say what he wants and let the market decide. Otherwise other speech that we may want to hear might be stifled under the same concept.

• Members

I personally believe in the right of free speech (except the "fire" in the theatre stuff) and let the free market decide what to do with these people. I personally have no interest listening to him but I respect the right for him to say what he wants and let the market decide. Otherwise other speech that we may want to hear might be stifled under the same concept.

That's the thing though, speech from 'our' side is already censored! Bill Maher's Politically Correct being taken off the air because he dared to say hijacking a plane showed more courage and determination than pushing a launch button somewhere far away from or above the target. Keith Olbermann being preemptively taken off the air to protect Comcast's corporate sensibilities...

So yeah, FUCK RUSH LIMBAUGH.

But these feminists jumping on the bandwagon seems opportunistic, it's like they're trying to help him dismiss the outcry as just more from his usual arch-nemesis 'feminazis'...