Guest EXPAT

"8" The Prop 8 play by Dustin Lance Black premiered

Guest EXPAT

NOTE: You have to skip forward to the beginning of the play but the entire play is in the above YouTube from last night.

Hollywood's brightest stars gathered in Los Angeles to bring the Prop 8 trial to life with a script Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black created from the trial transcripts. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Chris Colfer, Matt Bomer, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jane Lynch, Matthew Morrison, George Takei, Christine Lahti, Kevin Bacon, and Jamie Lee Curtis but were some of the talent that turned a bitter, dry trial into a human, humorous affair.

Chris Colfer stood out, trapped in a witness stand, talking about being sent to reeducation camps run by NARTH. Matt Bomer never seemed happier than when he spoke about what marriage means to a family. And Martin Sheen channeled The West Wing's President Bartlett with a full head of steam in a sight to behold.

But perhaps the most humanizing elements of the trial came from Bridger Zadina and Jansen Panatierre as the sons of the plaintiffs. You got to see what the trial did to the families, and how the Prop 8 proponents tried to make them feel "less than" other families.

The video is raw, but beautifully directed. At least in this rough cut, the video doesn't start until 18 minutes into the embed.

post-105999-062338000 1330883448.jpg

Guest EXPAT

This play is fascinating. I'm so glad I found this on YouTube. Brad Pitt as the judge. George Clooney as the plaintiff attorney; Jane Lynch playing the Chairman of the National Organization of One million Moms. Chris Colfer's testimony was especially well done.

Absolutely amazing play. It's worth your time to watch.

Guest EXPAT

I'm still so impressed with this play that you can watch in full in the above YouTube. The performance by Chris Colfer in particular is amazing.

Guest EXPAT

Nearly 300,000 people have viewed this play on line already. It is absolutely worth watching. Sorry to keep pushing it, but I know many people would look at a 90 minute YouTube video and shy away from watching it. But this is worth it, trust me.

Guest EXPAT

I've copied the bookmark to my desktop, plan to watch it soon. 'Soon' being relative, just watched the Nightline on Foxconn yesterday... :homestar:

this may only be available for a week or so. So don't wait too long.