Guest EXPAT

Is it a Fluke that Limbaugh apologized?

Guest EXPAT

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/02/436852/rush-limbaugh-advertisers/?mobile=nc

I still will never understand why anyone listens to this man, but his calling Sandra Fluke a slut and a prostitute and suggesting that she put her sex tapes online since she wants "us" to pay for her contraception just seemed to be another one of his stunts to gain attention; however, hurting someone in the process.

Well this time he's lost a bunch of advertisers which hasn't happened en mass before. So he half-heartedly apologized on Saturday.

Do you think that contraception should be completely free for women? I struggle with that concept. But I do know that contraception is a lot cheaper than a bunch of unwanted pregnancies. But why not offer it with a co-pay like any other drug? I'm conflicted on this one.

• Members

I think Limbaugh got hit HARD in the wallet, people have been contacting his advertisers (places like Reddit listed them) and they have been leaving in *droves*.

I understood it to be a co-pay system we're talking about, same as any other drug or visit under our healthcare system but the Repubs were trying to make it so any organization could refuse to pay their part of anything they claimed was 'morally objectionable'. Birth control today, emergency trauma surgery resulting in abortion tomorrow, etc...

Funny thing is, I bet more than half the 'religious-based organizations' this bullshit is supposedly for wish it would die a quick and quiet death, because if they implement the restrictions it'll hinder them in hiring the best and brightest.

Yes, the point was to treat birth control like any other medical drug/equipment under your health insurance. If you have a co-pay for other stuff, you do for this too.

That the republicans want to pick this as a 'wedge' issue baffles me. Almost everyone in the country supports access to birth control. 90+% of sexually experienced catholic women have used birth control at one time or another.