Guest FourAces

What Type Of Mobile Phone Do You Use?

Guest FourAces

A PEW study reported that for the first time in the US adults using Smartphones out number those who use feature phones.

"Pew Research Center on Thursday released a report stating smartphone owners now outnumber feature phone owners in the United States. Nearly half of adults in the U.S. own a smartphone as of February 2012, the firm said, up from 35% last May. 53% of cell phone owners indicated that their handset is a smartphone and since 88% of U.S. adults own a cell phone, a total of 46% of all American adults are smartphone users."

Therefore I'm wondering what type of Smartphone, if you have one, that you use?

As for me I'm a bit of a geek and actually worked in telecommunications for a spell. I have used all of the platforms except Windows Mobile 7.

I have enjoyed BlackBerry and Android along with some outdated OS from Nokia and Windows Mobile.

Currently and for the first time my daily driver is a iPhone. Over all I'm very pleased with it and my main hope is that the next model will sport a slightly larger screen.

Guest EXPAT

I've been an iPhone user since it was released. I'm using the iPhone 4S now (the latest version). I'm very happy with it as well.

iPhone as of mid-last-year, after years of Blackberries.Took me 2-3 months to get used to touch-screen keypad; suffered button withdrawal then, but today can barely stand to mess with physical keyboard when borrowing somebody's Blackberry. Habits are funny.

Guest tomcal

I've been an iPhone user since it was released. I'm using the iPhone 4S now (the latest version). I'm very happy with it as well.

I'am with Expat on this! I have upgraded every year and got the 4s when it came out and very happy with it. All of the pics I posted on my last trip to Rio were taken with it.

I'am with Expat on this! I have upgraded every year and got the 4s when it came out and very happy with it. All of the pics I posted on my last trip to Rio were taken with it.

Tomcal, we are happy you have a phone with a camera! ^_^

I use a Nokia as I like it and it is 12MP camera. I admit that it takes a bit of getting use to but I have really enjoyed it.

Guest CharliePS

OK, maybe someone will explain to me what makes a phone smart? With my new phone, apparently I COULD access the Internet, but I don't understand how it would do that. It does have a screen with some funny little pictures on it, but touching them does nothing. It also says that it takes photos, but I don't know how, or what becomes of the photos. I don't intend to do any of those things, but I would like to know whether I have a smartphone or one that is only average or possibly dumb.

Guest FourAces

but I would like to know whether I have a smartphone or one that is only average or possibly dumb.

Charlie if you have to put your finger in a hole that matches the number you want to dial and move it in a clockwise manner its a pretty dumb phone :o:P:D

Guest FourAces

Mine definitely isn't a smart phone, though I try not to talk down to it.

LOL And I'm sure it respects you for respecting it so nicely :lol: