TotallyOz

If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Guest gcursor

Why did you make a duck-billed platypus?

I know that there are reasons to why you created them. I look at the platypus and have to wonder to myself if you were playing a practical joke? Maybe you got drunk one night with the other deities and this was your way of blowing off some steam. Maybe on the day you created the platypus, you were bored with the whole "world creation" thing and came up with the idea of putting two or more creatures together.

However I know that we are all your creatures God and the platypus was created by you. But if I were you, I would expect it to be more than a little miffed when it reaches Heaven and finds out it was created just because you lost in Poker.

gcursor

Guest hitoallusa

Gcursor I still remember your teddy bear story from time to time. I would want to have a child like you. ^_^ Honestly I didn't know what you were talking about so I had to look it up. I think it's adorable. I learned something today so thanks!

Why did you make a duck-billed platypus?

I know that there are reasons to why you created them. I look at the platypus and have to wonder to myself if you were playing a practical joke? Maybe you got drunk one night with the other deities and this was your way of blowing off some steam. Maybe on the day you created the platypus, you were bored with the whole "world creation" thing and came up with the idea of putting two or more creatures together.

However I know that we are all your creatures God and the platypus was created by you. But if I were you, I would expect it to be more than a little miffed when it reaches Heaven and finds out it was created just because you lost in Poker.

gcursor

Guest hitoallusa

I want to ask God why people don't follow your good teachings. Why they are so mean and don't show love to one another and then blame on you if bad things happen. I really don't get it. We are like a little kid who breaks all the news and blame on you if bad things happen. Why does it have to be that way?

• Members

I want to ask God why people don't follow your good teachings.

I'm not sure which 'God' you have in mind? Certainly not the God of the Old Testament which was the God of Jesus. He exacted some pretty harsh actions from followers to prove their devotion.

Is this a 'Do As I Say, not Dot As I Do' wise, loving God? He seemed to demand devotion with fear as leverage. The Christians still teach that with the bottom line choice of: Be Saved or Go To Hell for eternity.

I might ask:

Did You really create us in Your image?

If so, isn't that a far more damning indictment of You than of us?

(Or, depending on what sort of mood He was in, maybe:

...If so, didn't You know Yourself better than to do such a damned fool thing?)

(sorry for repeat. Editing by iPhone -- arghh.)

Guest hitoallusa

Well God in the old testament is actually very patient. If you trust God and see in that perspective then I hope you can have the same perspective. People just didn't listen and failed to repent their evil deeds repeatedly even though there was warnings. If you don't punish evil deeds then everything in a community gets destabilized. You can't blame God for doing the right thing and bringing justice. We also sent people to jail when they commit crime on the idea that they should pay the price. In my opinion whoever the creator is we need to have faith that he is good and will do good things. And that gives us also the responsibility to do right things. I bet life in the old days where hunger was common and people didn't have enough clothes to cover their body survived many painful days hoping their is a savior and end to all this. That optimism and faith kept them going and let us enjoy what we enjoy today.

I'm not sure which 'God' you have in mind? Certainly not the God of the Old Testament which was the God of Jesus. He exacted some pretty harsh actions from followers to prove their devotion.

Is this a 'Do As I Say, not Dot As I Do' wise, loving God? He seemed to demand devotion with fear as leverage. The Christians still teach that with the bottom line choice of: Be Saved or Go To Hell for eternity.

Guest hitoallusa

Not really so my AS... We made so far despite however evil this world is... in that I see it as evidence for the presence of God...

I might ask:

Did You really create us in Your image?

E

If so, isn't that a far more damning indictment of You than of us?

(Or, depending on what sort of mood He was in, maybe:

If so, didn't You know Yourself better than to do such a damned fool thing?)

• Members

If we aren't created in His image how did we get free will? If we don't have free will, how can we choose being "right" and "wrong", never mind how would we know the difference?

Should we all have made "perfect" whatever that might mean and, if so, would there not b a great chance we would all be perfectly sad? Again, how would we know?

Best regards,

RA1