Guest FourAces

What Would OZ Have Done?

Guest FourAces

I owned the domain gayflirt4free.com I am also a affiliate of F4F. I think I got fucked without any lube :o

F4F had been putting a lot of pressure on me to transfer the domain to them. They claimed they owned the rights to it. I explained I was not going to just give away the domain that I would be happy to sell it to them.

They offered me $50 :lol::( That was a joke I thought. So I countered at a VERY reasonable $2,500. The logic for this amount was based on my affiliation with them and I did not want to see sales disappearing or even be removed from the program.

To make this very long story shorter I ended up selling the domain for $250. :( :( :( But what really bugs me is long time whales from my F4F affiliation had slowly begun to disappear since all this happened. Which substantially dropped my monthly commissions.

Now I cannot say that a large and industry respected company like VS took my customers out of spite.. the economy has been bad and people do move on. It just the timing seemed a little weird to me.

Looking back I think I should have asked for $25,000 and stuck to that number. What do you guys think?

Guest hitoallusa

Well 25000 or 2500? Anyways, you could have argued for the potential profit from the domain and calculated the price. You had the upper hand I think. Where was Oz when this was taking place?

Guest FourAces

Well 25000 or 2500? Anyways, you could have argued for the potential profit from the domain and calculated the price. You had the upper hand I think. Where was Oz when this was taking place?

$2,500 was the reasonable counter offer but I think the domain was worth $25,000. And looking back I think I should have reached out to OZ he has always been approachable not sure why I did not think of doing so :(

Guest FourAces

Did you at least consider telling them that one of their competitors had contacted you about using GayFlirt4Free as an affiliated skin? :getlost:

That would have been a good idea as well. I'm usually not quite so stupid when it comes to business.

IMHO, you were lucky to get what you did. Flirt4Free is a trademarked name (I Assume). Legally, if you registered it after the cyber squatting laws took place, they could take it for free. If they have good attorneys and want to pursue it. If you registered it before and if you were using it with their knowledge, it would be different.

When names are in dispute they go into ICann resolution arbitration and they are hard on owners who registered names that belong to a trademark owner. Esp. if you are using it for the same purpose as the other owner.

I have more than 10k names now and I love the business. But, the Wild West days are over. ^_^ I miss them.

Guest hitoallusa

Ha Oz you were one of those people who made fortunes by securing names ^_^ You are very innovative and clever. Runnig this site and hiring people to do it for you and etc..

• Members

Don't be surprised if Oz has already purchased domain names such as:

electluckyjudge.com

makeluckyajudge.com

18yearoldsforlucky.com

asianboyslovelucky.com

luckyforpresident.com

releaseluckyfromcustody.com

releaseluckyfromthenuthouse.com

After all, you never know!

Guest hitoallusa

Well at least he could have gotten more out of it is my humble opinion. They would have paid more so they don't have to deal with court issues especially the very activity the website is involved in. Maybe they thought that any contest will not come from FA either so they settled at 250?

I owned the domain gayflirt4free.com I am also a affiliate of F4F. I think I got fucked without any lube :o

Actually, to be quite honest 4Aces, you were attempting to trade upon an already established and highly successful business and website for your own personal gain with that lame and highly embarrassing registration.

Not unlike what TotallyOz did here when he purchased Hooboy.com shortly after his [HooBoy's] death; and soon there after re-directed that domain here to MER in the hopes of capitalizing on another persons work and creativity. Obviously, THAT has not helped much here, traffic or business wise. Trading on other people's success will often, if not always, turn out poorly for you. Whether it be for moral Or for financial Karma reasons.

But I digress.......

When you sold that domain as you claim 4Aces, to VSmedia in March of 2010, (yes we have records of all of that) you're lucky you were not served with papers instead of a domain transfer document. Perhaps even you were suprised with the former. You sound very bitter and very angry.

Do you really believe 4Aces, that your domain theft was worth $25,000.00 when all you really did was insert the word "gay" in front of an already highly successful business and equally trafficked domain? Do you really?

I wonder how Macy's might feel if I went with GayMacys.com. OR, perhaps, GaySaksFifthAve.com OR even GayGeneralMotors.com. Hmmm. How does GayWalmart or GayCostco feel rightful?

Few people have ever benefited and succeeded trading upon other people's success in life. But if you're going to do so, at least, please for the love of God, please at least, be creative about it.

F4F had been putting a lot of pressure on me to transfer the domain to them. They claimed they owned the rights to it. I explained I was not going to just give away the domain that I would be happy to sell it to them.

They offered me $50 :lol::( That was a joke I thought. So I countered at a VERY reasonable $2,500. The logic for this amount was based on my affiliation with them and I did not want to see sales disappearing or even be removed from the program.

To make this very long story shorter I ended up selling the domain for $250. :( :( :( But what really bugs me is long time whales from my F4F affiliation had slowly begun to disappear since all this happened. Which substantially dropped my monthly commissions.

ROFL! Really? "LONG TIME WHALES" ON F4F, AND, exclusively from your cut and paste website of daily jack-off pics and videos?

The only whale I see here is the one attempting to suck the life out of those who don't know better and who wants to ensure that they never do......

Can anyone really ever believe that 4Aces was ever so hard pressed to the floor (call 911) for two hundred and fifty bucks by anyone to give up what he never ever really owned to begin with?

No. Bye

Not unlike what TotallyOz did here when he purchased Hooboy.com shortly after his [HooBoy's] death; and soon there after re-directed that domain here to MER in the hopes of capitalizing on another persons work and creativity.

Ah, now I know who you are. Thanks. I am slow on the take. Welcome! I guess you forgot the full history in that I had over 20 of my names pointed to Hoo's site when it was Hoo's site. I even transferred several over to him. But, Daddy and Hoo are not the same person. Why would I continue helping someone I didn't know? I am sure your help has been valuable to Daddy over the years but no need for me to get involved.

When you sold that domain as you claim 4Aces, to VSmedia in March of 2010, (yes we have records of all of that) you're lucky you were not served with papers instead of a domain transfer document. Perhaps even you were suprised with the former. You sound very bitter and very angry.

Do you really believe 4Aces, that your domain theft was worth $25,000.00 when all you really did was insert the word "gay" in front of an already highly successful business and equally trafficked domain? Do you really?

I wonder how Macy's might feel if I went with GayMacys.com. OR, perhaps, GaySaksFifthAve.com OR even GayGeneralMotors.com. Hmmm. How does GayWalmart or GayCostco feel rightful?

Few people have ever benefited and succeeded trading upon other people's success in life. But if you're going to do so, at least, please for the love of God, please at least, be creative about it.

ROFL! Really? "LONG TIME WHALES" ON F4F, AND, exclusively from your cut and paste website of daily jack-off pics and videos?

The only whale I see here is the one attempting to suck the life out of those who don't know better and who wants to ensure that they never do......

Can anyone really ever believe that 4Aces was ever so hard pressed to the floor (call 911) for two hundred and fifty bucks by anyone to give up what he never ever really owned to begin with?

Since it is apparent you don't really know much about website success, you don't know about Whales on F4F but they are there and they do exist. Not only would I believe Aces, I can assure you he is correct!

Don't be surprised if Oz has already purchased domain names such as:

electluckyjudge.com

makeluckyajudge.com

18yearoldsforlucky.com

asianboyslovelucky.com

luckyforpresident.com

releaseluckyfromcustody.com

releaseluckyfromthenuthouse.com

After all, you never know!

Sorry, Lucky, they were all taken. I was able to get: BigBears4Lucky.com I have a photo shoot set up for next month. ^_^

Ah, now I know who you are. Thanks. I am slow on the take. Welcome! I guess you forgot the full history in that I had over 20 of my names pointed to Hoo's site when it was Hoo's site. I even transferred several over to him. But, Daddy and Hoo are not the same person. Why would I continue helping someone I didn't know? I am sure your help has been valuable to Daddy over the years but no need for me to get involved.

Since it is apparent you don't really know much about website success, you don't know about Whales on F4F but they are there and they do exist. Not only would I believe Aces, I can assure you he is correct!

Guest FourAces

Thanks OZ and the others who contributed their thoughts aside from daddy.

I am not even in OZ' league but several of my other domains did yield me better financial results. After reading about the timing of my purchase, post cyber squatting, I guess its a lucky $250. I received from VS. I might need those funds to hire Lucky to represent me in PS traffic court one day :D

4Aces is an embarrassing embrace for even YOU (and to most) to ever make here. YOUR history here, however, in this industry may be silent but it's presence is no more hopeful than those suffering with HIV. You Sir, support and fuel unsafe, raw and bare backing sex websites which fuel and encourage and infect HIV to those less knowledgeable. Those being OUR youth. YOU Sir, see nothing wrong with that.

As YOU age Sir, other people will find what you do as criminal. At best.

Thanks OZ and the others who contributed their thoughts aside from daddy.

I am not even in OZ' league but several of my other domains did yield me better financial results. After reading about the timing of my purchase, post cyber squatting, I guess its a lucky $250. I received from VS. I might need those funds to hire Lucky to represent me in PS traffic court one day :D

Honestly, Aces, that's a pathetic response to a post.

Had Oz not licked your sack - would you have responded at all? And if so, what?

I'll just also ad that 4Aces has so far, been incapable of supporting what he once stated as being his for sale perspective as the OP of this thread.

Bye. and good-night.

Guest hitoallusa

Daddy it's just a simple business inquiry and I don't know why you have to be so harsh on FourAces. I once bought a used car and I had a buyer's regret right away. I thought I could have paid less. I bet you go through similar things in your life too. Everyone wants to make more and pay less and I don't see anything wrong with that.