Guest hitoallusa

Quiet by Susan Cain

Guest hitoallusa

I'm not sure what the author is basically trying to say from this book and I don't think she is an introvert either.. She tries too hard to categorize so many historical figures into a certain personality type wihout considering other factors. I agree with her on that American culture is unique and different. So how? She states that american culture promotes and motivates extroverts but I look at it in a slightly different view. It just seems that way because extroverts are just loud and out there. There are many introverts quietly do their share and lead the country. It just seems that extroverts dominates everything but that's not necessary true. Another thing is her criticism for the extrovert oriented education system. I totally disagree with her on that. How can teaching students to communicate and share ideas viewed as extrovert oriented education? What about making students to read and write their thoughts in our education system? That is well promoted in us education. She sees only what see wants and extracts only what she needs for her arguments. She is indeed a good negotiation coach. But I am deeply disappointed that such a well educated lawyer and negotiation coach can write a book like this. More surprisingly this book is on the best seller list. So what am I missing?

This is interesting. I'm going to look into getting this book to see if I get what she is saying. I've been to nearly 90 countries around the world and I will say that the US is more extroverted than most cultures. But I'd like to get her view.

Thanks for sharing the info.