Guest hitoallusa

How do you guys do it?

Guest hitoallusa

So it took more than two hours just to cook dinner, eat and clean up for just two people. I have dinner for tomorrow so I don't have to cook but it takes a lot of time to just to eat decent dinner. How do you guys manage your meal? I usually have a cup of oat meal for breakfast and eat whatever that is close by for lunch and eat prepared food for dinner if I'm really busy.

• Members

Sunday is my day of the week for a home-cooked meal. I usually do a roasted chicken breast or something that will provide leftovers for an evening meal during the week. I don't have the time or energy during the week to cook a good evening meal.

I also use freezer bags to keep individual servings of leftovers. I use a vacuum sealer to better preserve them. I generally have a wide variety of different meals in the freezer to chose from during the week.

For lunch, I always make that the night before so I don't have to hustle around in the morning. And, I avoid eating out or a lot of prepared foods. I typically have a tossed salad, bean salad, cole slaw, or similar for lunch.

For breakfast, it's usually a homemade protein shake with greek yogurt, fresh fruits, etc. Something easy to make.

I usually have either grilled fish, baked chicken or maybe a piece of very lean beef or turkey for dinner. I add a vegetable by using steam fresh veggies in a bag. They are very fresh and easy to make. And I add a salad. When I'm eating at home that is my dinner. I usually always skip bread and dessert. And I rarely have potatoes. I do have a few steam fresh frozen dinners that I may do from time to time, but mostly I do that above.

Only on rare occasions do I make a more elaborate meal. My goal is to keep my daily intake under 1500 calories. So that means cereal and fruit for breakfast and for lunch, soup, cottage cheese or fruit or maybe a sandwich but only with whole wheat bread.

Guest CharliePS

Breakfast is my most varied meal. It can be cereal, danish, donuts, eggs (any style), sausage, bacon, toast, muffins, waffles, coffee cake, croissant with honey or jelly, sweet roll, leftover pasta, homefried potatoes, yoghurt, lox, corned beef hash, or any combo thereof (such as lox and cream cheese on a bagel, or fried eggs and sausage on a potato pancake)--but always with fruit (banana, pineapple, pears, peaches, or melon), juice (preferably fresh-squeezed from my own trees) and coffee. I never skip breakfast, because my most vigorous exercise is usually in the morning, and I need energy.

Lunch is almost always a sandwich or a bowl of soup, though sometimes I will have sushi for a change, and a cookie for dessert.

Dinner is usually eaten with my partner, who is happy to eat lots of microwaved prepared meals when neither of us feels like cooking meat, fish or pasta, but he insists that there be more than a single element, so there has to be a vegetable or salad with it, and a simple dessert, even if it is only a single piece of chocolate. We always have a glass of wine with dinner, even if the entree is only mac and cheese with a side of stewed tomatoes.

I refuse to spend more than ten minutes to prepare breakfast or lunch, and a half hour for dinner, which does limit my choices.

Guest FourAces

Wow you guys make it so difficult :P

Breakfast - McDonalds: usually hotcakes and sausage or a couple sausage mcmuffins.

Lunch - Jimmy Johns or Subway: usually a footlong sub, chips, some cookies and a soda.

Dinner - In N Out Burger or Raising Canes or Papajohns: A few burgers and fries, chicken strips and fries or pizza.

Quick - simple - easy to NOT make - and easy to clean up afterward.

Oh did I mention I am ummmm a bit overweight which might have something to do with the above ... which is pretty real.