Lucky

Peace Is At Hand

• Members

The Cuban missile crisis was apparently leading to the prospect of the world's first nuclear war. Then someone had the bright idea to focus on a letter that was sent back channel, and ignore the less conciliatory remarks being made for public consumption.

My recent disagreement with Oz is, of course, nowhere of that magnitude. It is a spat over a thread, not missiles in Cuba. Many have written to me and suggested that I, too, focus on the positive. Remarks like these:

From Totally Oz:

"Let me be clear, TY had nothing to do with Lucky's post being merged. I take full responsibility for that. In hindsight, it may have been better to tell him not to do it when I saw it the first time. But, I didn't. That was my mistake which won't happen again with anyone."

From Tampa Yankee:

This whole episode has been very unfortunate. Lessons attempted to be taught, feelings hurt, charges hurled, out of what appears to be an unfortunate misstep by someone attempting to help Oz keep up with his sites.

Lucky was due the courtesy of discussing his post before any action was taken. That did not happen. The reason is clear and Oz stated that action won't be repeated.

I hope Lucky decides to return. I hope he understands that this was not a personal slight or attack but an unintended consequence of site oversight procedure aggravated by miscommunication.

And maybe I should have taken to heart this earlier comment by Oz:

Lucky, it is so good to see you are still with us and have not totally left us. We value you very much and want you to know you are always welcome here and are appreciated here. Your opinions are also very valuable to us and we appreciate the input. Thank you for trying to shape this forum into a more perfect form!

Yes, I understand that more heated comments were made by me and others. But, if I can ignore the comments made by the others that I didn't like, and they return the same courtesy to me, we can move from a state of irritation to a state of friendliness, and friendliness is next to godliness. (Now don't tell me I have that quote wrong!)

So, choosing to be next to godliness, and choosing not to keep MER in a state of discomfort, I accept the warm remarks quoted above, and declare my willingness to ignore all else said in what was essentially a spat about a thread, a thread that received a very high number of views at that!

So, thanks to all who communicated with me, and now, I invite everyone to sit down for a special bowl of herbal peace soup:

Happy-Lucky-Pot-Club-5x7-OPT.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Lucky, I am glad that it has been resolved! I would miss you terribly if I were not to see you here. Lucky you are a warm person and willing to do a lot for your friends. sometimes more than a friend does to one another. You say things because you care and understand. Glad that you are back so MsGuy stop buying expensive candles now. Thank you Oz and TY too. Love you all~~~~~