JKane

So every non-loading zone "No Parking -- Valet" in Holly/WeHo are illegal?

I have always been skeptical of LA valets. I don't like using them but you are forced to in some cases. But I make a note of mileage on my car and usually take a picture of the dashboard just in case. Is that paranoid? perhaps. But I also can put my car in valet mode (newer cars have interesting features) which limits the speed to 15MPH among other things.

Guest FourAces

Awesome report but a little shocking it took a year to produce. When I lived in SoCal I constantly argued with these BS valet guys about where I could and could not park. I won about half the time.

• Members

This is especially interesting in light of the difficulty in getting a parking space in LA. First you have ll of the phony handicapped stickers, then these phony valet spots. I wouldn't want to end up in a fight over it though. The valets will be around your car all night, you won't!

Thanks for bringing this up, JKane.

• Members

[...]The valets will be around your car all night, you won't!

Thanks for bringing this up, JKane.

Hmm, that just got me thinking: BMW, Range Rover, probably others have cameras that can view all around the car, plus fairly powerful hard drive-based NAV/stereo systems...

Why haven't any of them offered a security camera feature? At the very least it could record a few stills whenever there is motion...