Guest EXPAT

NJ Assembly Approves marriage

http://www.queerty.com/breaking-nj-assembly-passes-marriage-equality-bill-41-33-over-to-you-christie-20120216/

Both houses in New Jersey have approved marriage equality. Governor Chris Christie has vowed to veto it. Many think this may have been a wasted vote, but now Christie will go on record with a veto and that I think is important for him to put his stamp on his view of civil rights. I bet that someone from with the Republican establishment and/or the right wing of the party said to him that he would never get national office if he ever approves such a thing. I also suspect that Romney may be dangling the VP for 2012 under him even though he said he wouldn't run in that capacity but it would be an embarrassment to any GOP candidate to have someone who endorses him or runs with him supporting marriage equality.

So now NJ has 2 years to get enough votes to over turn the veto and that seems possible to supporters in New Jersey apparently.