JKane

He beat you to it, Four Aces!

Guest FourAces

LOL I am sooooo happy someone known finally came out. This is a discussion I have had with several friends who play poker. I believe I even made a post about it once.

Anyway I am thrilled for Jason and want to marry him along with his three million plus dollars in winnings :P

I do hope he has opened the door for others.

• Members

I've been watching the World Series of Poker on ESPN. The announcers did a brief private interview with Jason who was playing at the feature table (day 3, I think, ESPN episode 3). He talked openly about his identity as a gay man and his relationship with his current boyfriend, and how he struggled with coming out in the poker world (which he did on his poker blog in January, I think). I've played recreationally for years and have always endured the gay jokes and barbs at the tables in silence. For myself, having worked all my life in a career that required me to keep my personal and professional lives separate, I could identify with his struggle and his pain. This was really a breath of fresh air. Oh, by the way, they had photo clips of him with his partner. His boyfriend is super cute!

Guest FourAces

and have always endured the gay jokes and barbs at the tables in silence.

All those years I played I too sat silent as those about me made all sorts of comments about Gays, Blacks and other protected classes of people. It simply was easier than to say anything .. but thinking back at times I wish I had said something.

As I mentioned in my original post in this thread Jason is a bit of sunshine in a very closeted sport.