Guest lurkerspeaks

What are your top 5 "must see's" on TV now?

Guest lurkerspeaks

If you could only watch 5 current tv shows, which 5 would they be?

My choices are, in no specific order:

1) The Walking Dead

2) American Horror Story

3) Glee

4) (Based upon first episode) Smash

5) Modern Family

I watch so much that I like, but I will only list those that are on with new episodes right now. For example, I would normally list American Horror Story but it is already off for the year.

So my five must watch right now are as follows:

1. Revenge

2. Big Bang Theory

3. Fringe

4. Ringer

5. Vampire Diaries

Honorable mentions:

6. The Secret Circle

7. Smash

8. The River

9. The Good Wife

• Members

Wow!! I have so little in common with you guys. My viewing is more compatible with hitoallusa. Add Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnel and This Week to that list. Meet the Press some but it has become less compelling for me with David Gregory.

I'm also a fan of procedurals like NCIS and CSI. I know, they are getting a bit long in the tooth but I still watch reruns of the original Law and Order twenty years after it started. :P There are some bad ones too like spins offs of the above that I skip. Poor writing and/or production values hurt them IMO.

Not a fan of comedies or 30 min. shows generally. Not a fan of extreme gore or supernatural or vampires and werewolves. Prefer dramas, action, and intrigue, thus The Firm and BBC shows like Whitechapel and movies like Salt and Enemy of the State. Oddly, I get into some fantasy if well done like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, but they need a quality story line and compelling writing as these examples have.

Looks like I'd need my own TV. lol

Guest hitoallusa

TampaYankee we are compatible! What's your number or should we start online chatting! I have to get my hairdone and lose some weight if I am going to appear in front I'd comcam. Lol:)

• Members

Other shows I kinda like but don't have to have:

Castle, Pawn Stars, Suze Orman, The Soup, Top Gear (US), Bones.

Have recently started to watch Big Bang Theory reruns, it's pretty fun.

Neither of these lists include my must see British TV:

1) Doctor Who

2) Top Gear

3) (Torchwood)

• Members

Wow!! I have so little in common with you guys. My viewing is more compatible with hitoallusa. Add Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnel and This Week to that list. Meet the Press some but it has become less compelling for me with David Gregory.

I'm also a fan of procedurals like NCIS and CSI. I know, they are getting a bit long in the tooth but I still watch reruns of the original Law and Order twenty years after it started. :P There are some bad ones too like spins offs of the above that I skip. Poor writing and/or production values hurt them IMO.

Not a fan of comedies or 30 min. shows generally. Not a fan of extreme gore or supernatural or vampires and werewolves. Prefer dramas, action, and intrigue, thus The Firm and BBC shows like Whitechapel and movies like Salt and Enemy of the State. Oddly, I get into some fantasy if well done like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, but they need a quality story line and compelling writing as these examples have.

Looks like I'd need my own TV. lol

Forgot to mention that I spend a LOT of time on the History Channel, NATGEO, and Discovery Channel. Then there is the Sundance, IFC, and TCM movie channels. I probably watch TNT and USA more than ABC, NBC, and CBS. I leave Fox TV to the youngsters and young at heart.

Anyone watch the return of "The Walking Dead" Sunday night? It is such a good show. Who would have thought a show about Zombies would be so well - written. And it debuted with almost 10 million total viewers.

• Members

Anyone watch the return of "The Walking Dead" Sunday night? It is such a good show. Who would have thought a show about Zombies would be so well - written. And it debuted with almost 10 million total viewers.

My daughter has tried repeatedly to get me to watch it. Sings its praises as a well written allegory for more adult issues. I just cannot get past the zombies. :unsure:

The one show that I am very disappointed in after 4 episodes or so is Fox's "Alcatraz". I had high hopes for this JJ Abrams series but it has turned into a "psychopath of the week" from the past series. I don't know what happened to all the good writers in Hollywood. I guess they are working on "The Closer" and "The Good Wife" and that must be it. . .

1) Family guy

2) Modern Family

3) Big Bang Theory

4) The Middle

5) Parks and Recreation

Can you tell I like the comedies?

LOL Yes, I can. Everyone tells me to watch Family Guy but I could never get into it.

1) Southland

5) Justified

Love both of these.

I have it recorded and think it is a great show. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this season.

1. Revenge

This has turned out to be one of my favorites this year!

I did forget my all time favorite 2 shows EVER. Survivor and Big Brother. I love both and don't think I've ever missed an episode.

Southland was SO FUCKING GOOD this week! I'm not sure anything else has come near that level in addressing gay bullying in prime time!

I don't understand it, but I hear Alcatraz has been doing well, ratings wise.

I agree about Southland last night. But the end result was still sad. But it was very well written (as usual for that show). Alcatraz has had between 6 - 8 million viewers which unfortunately is viewed as success in this day and age of 300 choices on cable.

• Members

[*]Justified

[*]Modern Family

[*]A Good Wife

[*]Restaurant Impossible

[*]Kitchen Nightmares

Damn, I left off Masterpiece Theatre. Looking forward to tonight's Downton Abby season finale. Even thought what the networks consider a season these days is shameful.

Guess I have to kiss Kitchen Nightmares off my list.

Damn, I left off Masterpiece Theatre. Looking forward to tonight's Downton Abby season finale. Even thought what the networks consider a season these days is shameful.

Guess I have to kiss Kitchen Nightmares off my list.

I forgot "Downton Abbey" as well. That has to be one of the best series I've seen in years. Maggie Smith cracks me up. I'm looking forward to Shirley MacLaine joining the cast for season 3 as the "competing" mother-in-law.