eeyore

Mao's Last Dancer

• Members

I watched this film last night and loved it. I am probably way behind the power curve on films, but if you haven't seen it yet it's worth watching. Available on NF and I'm sure other streaming venues.

Mao's Last Dancer

2010PG117 minutes

A delegation from Madame Mao's Beijing Dance Academy selects 11-year-old peasant villager Li Cunxin to study ballet in far-off Beijing, where he trains for seven grueling years to become one of China's greatest dancers. His efforts win him the opportunity to dance in America, opening his eyes to a new love and the possibility of a dramatic defection from China in this remarkable true story based on Cunxin's autobiography.

Cast:Bruce Greenwood, Kyle MacLachlan, Joan Chen, Chi Cao, Amanda Schull, Shuangbao Wang, Chengwu Guo, Wen Bin Huang, Aden Young, Jack Thompson, Chris Kirby, Penne Hackforth-Jones Director:Bruce Beresford Genres:Dramas, Romantic Movies, Biographical Dramas, Dramas based on a book, Dramas based on real life, Political Dramas, Romantic Dramas, Tearjerkers, Australian Movies, Dramas based on contemporary literature This movie is:Emotional, Inspiring, RomanticAvailability:Streaming