Guest EXPAT

Whitney Houston dead at 48

What a sad thing to have happened.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/whitney-houston-superstar-records-films-dies-005927033.html

CNN is reporting that her body was discovered by Clive Davis. Details still coming in.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/02/whitney-houston-died-beverly-hills.html

From the Press Conference a few minutes ago:

Beverly Hills police dept were called at 3:45PM today (Sunday) to come to the Beverly Hilton. She was found in a hotel room on the 4th floor. At 3:55PM, Whitney Houston was pronounced dead by official personnel. She has been positively identified. There were no obvious signs of criminal intent and is currently being investigated by Beverly Hills Police Department.

'God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?' - Whitney Houston

We will always love you. So sad. If you get SiriusXM radio, Larry Flick will be doing a special live "Feel The Spin" on Sunday to honor Whitney Houston. He can be heard on SiriusXM 108 from 2-6PM EST or 11-3PM PST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6VQpe6e5I

Her last performance last night at the Kelly Price pre-Grammy party where she sang "Yes, Jesus Loves Me"

Guest lurkerspeaks

Haven't seen or heard anything yet that her death is drug-related.

Do you have more info?

Guess I was assuming, but given her history, I can't imagine that they didn't play some role in her passing.

Whitney Houston's Top 20 Hot 100 Hits

Rank - Title - (Year) - Hot 100 Peak Position (weeks spent at No. 1)

1. "I Will Always Love You" (1992) - No. 1 (for 14 weeks)

2. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" (1987) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

3. "Greatest Love Of All" (1986) - No. 1 (3 weeks)

4. "All The Man That I Need" (1990) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

5. "I'm Your Baby Tonight" (1990) - No. 1 (1 week)

6. "So Emotional" (1987) - No. 1 (1 week)

7. "How Will I Know" (1985) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

8. "Didn't We Almost Have It All" (1987) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

9. "Saving All My Love For You" (1985) - No. 1 (1 week)

10. "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" (1995) - No. 1 (1 week)

11. "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" (1988) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

12. "My Love Is Your Love" (1999) - No. 4

13. "Heartbreak Hotel" (featuring Faith Evans & Kelly Price) (1999) - No. 2

14. "You Give Good Love" (1985) - No. 3

15. "I Have Nothing" (1993) - No. 4

16. "One Moment In Time" (1988) - No. 5

17. "I Believe In You and Me" (1996) - No. 4

18. "I'm Every Woman" (1993) - No. 4

19. "Count On Me" (Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans) (1996) - No. 8

20. "It's Not Right But It's Okay" (1999) - No. 4

• Members

Horrible news and simply tragic. A great voice lost.

I remember her song "I want to dance with somebody" being so popular in the Clubs when I really first started going out.

I am sure the Grammy Awards tomorrow night will change a bit now with her passing.

I'm still so upset over the passing of Whitney Houston. And of course iTunes is reflecting her passing. Her Greatest Hits package is already the #1 album on iTunes and her song "I Will Always Love You" is also the #1 song already as well. She has nearly 22 songs in the top 100 and several albums in the top 40. The same thing happened when Michael Jackson died.

Her soundtrack matches my coming out in the late 80's and early 90's and I couldn't get enough of her music. I was enthralled with her voice and her talent to the point of literally getting goose bumps every time I heard her. I will never forget being in Splash in NYC when I was in the downstairs bar talking to Victor (the bartender, who is still there I think) and the new Thunderpuss remix of Whitney Houston's new single (at the time) was showing on the video screens. The song is called "It's Not Right, But It's OK" and this remix was one of the best dance remixes I had ever heard and that actually started my constant searching for remixes of songs because in most cases the remixes were better than the original, especially for those people who love pop dance music.

Here is that video that I loved so much and started a new genre of music that I would follow for the rest of my life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VFzJLK51cs

And here is another one she remixed and this remix is much better than the original. This is my second favorite Whitney Houston remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrYu4r8JZoU

Guest hitoallusa

Drugs we should avoid but I feel sorry that Whitney got into drugs and couldn't control herself. I always wonder what makes these rich and famous people get into drugs. Why are they not so happy?

BREAKING NEWS:

The autopsy on Whitney Houston was completed Sunday afternoon and cause of death has been "deferred" pending a toxicology analysis which may take up to 6- 8 weeks.

Also you may have heard that Bobbi Kristini Brown (Whitney's daughter) was rushed to the hospital this morning with severe anxiety. But she has since been released after evaluation. I think I would be in the same exact boat if I were her.

Will it ever end? Westboro Baptist Church announced yesterday that they were going to picket Whitney's funeral on Saturday in New Jersey. They also released a version of Whitney's song called "Whitney, God will always hate you". I just don't get it these hate organizations. They must have miserable lives to be so hateful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/whitney-houston-funeral-westboro-baptist-church_n_1283072.html

By the way, CNN and HLN will be airing the funeral of Whitney Houston on Saturday at 11AM EST / 8AM PST. Currently Aretha Franklin is set to sing and Kevin Costner will speak at the funeral.

http://www.billboard.com/news/whitney-houston-funeral-broken-hearts-gather-1006228952.story#/news/whitney-houston-funeral-broken-hearts-gather-1006228952.story

The above link has detailed pictures and information about her 4 hour funeral today. It was actually quite a moving service.

Rick Warren tweeted: "Thanks Fox, CNN, etc for taking so many people to church today."

Guest EXPAT

So the official autopsy report was released yesterday and her death was ruled an accidental drowning. However, heart disease and cocaine in her system played a factor but the drugs did not directly cause her death. They also found a number of over the counter medications and prescription medication in her system as well.

The heart disease they found was major thickening of the cardiac arteries which can be caused by family history and/or years of smoking and cocaine use.

The coroner said that her respiratory rate was probably depressed by a "heart or arterial incident" complicated by prescription medications in her system and cocaine in her system and she most likely fell asleep and went under water and was not able to recover her respiration before expiring.

It's a very sad ending to a wonderful voice.

I look forward to seeing her last movie coming this August.

Guest EXPAT

The final 40+ autopsy report was released yesterday and it showed a plethora of illegal and prescription medication in her room and that she may have passed out before she hit the very hot water and drowned because she was not able to save herself.

It's such a sad ending to her addiction-filled life.

Here's some detail: http://www.bostonherald.com/track/celebrity/view/20120405spoon_with_white_powder_found_in_whitney_houstons_hotel_room_report_says/srvc=home&position=also

• Members

I heard part of this report this morning on the radio and the question that immediately came to mind was, how does one end up face down in a bathtub? It would be all but an impossibility for me to do so unless the tub was gigantic.

I have a LOT of problems with drug use which in the US is basically epidemic, both legal and illegal. I, personally, have always thought that if I ever tried cocaine I would "instantly" become addicted.

As a member of the public, I am sorry to have lost this voice and I am sorry when anyone passes before their seeming "time"; however, was not this somewhat predictable?

Best regards,

RA1