TotallyOz

Netflix or Blockbuster?

I suspect that Netflix has the better library. My friend who is 82 gets a new Netflix movie a day and 90% of them are gay movies. But I have to say that he thinks that more than 75% of those gay movies are crap, yet he continues to rent them day after day after day. I'm not sure how much longer Blockbuster will be in this business. They are struggling big time as you may already know.

I prefer iTunes delivery of movies. But their selection skews to the very new for the most part. I also think their pricing for rentals is too high. But we'll see how it evolves over the next couple of years.

Guest FourAces

I point to netflix as BlockBuster has a history of censoring some R rated films let alone carry a decent gay selection. But for me there are few really good gay movies available to see anyway. Lots of garbage out there.

Guest Allessio77

Netflix has never failed me...except the big price increase last year...almost all the gay films are available and most good TV shows from HBO and Showtime.

• Members

Netflix has never failed me...except the big price increase last year...almost all the gay films are available and most good TV shows from HBO and Showtime.

I recommend Netflix. But I don't think Netflix streams HBO anymore (a recent development). They just released the first season of Boardwalk Empire on DVD which I'm looking forward to watching.

We did a double feature from Netflix last night. But these were DVDs that we received. We watched "Larry Crowne" and "A Better Life". Larry Crowne was just plain awful. I'm surprised that movie made money but it did. Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks should be ashamed of themselves for that movie IMO.

"A Better Life" was excellent. The reason we rented it was because the lead actor was nominated for Best Actor this year and I had never heard of him or the movie. It was a small art film about a Mexican illegal immigrant trying to make a better life for his son. It was really well done and his acting was amazing.